Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » General

Subject: Can there be more then two characters in a match? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Shaharuddin
United States
California
flag msg tools
I saw a picture of the game but with three characters being used. Two heroes and a first order stormtrooper. I thought you can only use two. Does anyone know anything? I think its cool if we could have bigger battles with a few more heroes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They could be allies or something that characters can get via event/equipment cards. Star Wars: Epic Duels had something like that, like if you were playing the Emperor then you had a couple Crimson Guards on your "team".

Just conjecture on my part. Who knows, maybe there are alternate ways to play with more than X characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people are speculating that you get about 30 points to form your starting character selection, as they all have a points cost across the bottom. But most examples we've seen so far is about 2-3 characters.

What's cool though, is if that is indeed the system, we'll be able to play bigger games for fun with whatever point value we want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Shaharuddin
United States
California
flag msg tools
Mattr0polis wrote:
Some people are speculating that you get about 30 points to form your starting character selection, as they all have a points cost across the bottom. But most examples we've seen so far is about 2-3 characters.

What's cool though, is if that is indeed the system, we'll be able to play bigger games for fun with whatever point value we want.

I actually want that, that sounds AMAZING!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Strickland
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot of speculation and breaking down the previews, game page, and trailer on the community section of the FFG website.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/forum/510-star-wars...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:

If that were to be the case, it would be interesting to see how they make that scale. I would imagine that more characters means a larger deck size which would decrease the probability of drawing the cards you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caladran wrote:
Mattr0polis wrote:

If that were to be the case, it would be interesting to see how they make that scale. I would imagine that more characters means a larger deck size which would decrease the probability of drawing the cards you need.

He is talking about house ruling it so "they" dont have to scale it. For funsies not strategy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Hullo!
mbmbmbmbmb
daniels072000 wrote:
I saw a picture of the game but with three characters being used. Two heroes and a first order stormtrooper. I thought you can only use two. Does anyone know anything? I think its cool if we could have bigger battles with a few more heroes

Yes you can have more than two characters as long as they don't collectively exceed the 30 point character limit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
And besides, we have very few cards right now. I guarantee they have more that will allow this to change. Maybe you have a bunch of crappy troopers? Maybe you have one incredibly strong Boba Fett? Who knows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frahm
United States
QUEEN CREEK
United States
flag msg tools
badge
@FRAHMINATOR
mbmb
It is possible to run four Stormtroopers (7 pts each for a total of 28), but think about how bad they are at actually hitting anything!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.