Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Doe
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There seem to be some exceptions to placing caballeros adjacent to the king. I just want to be clear because the rulebook is vague.

They are:

1. When placing them in secret regions after scoring the Castillo.
2. When using the special actions in the stack one cards.

Correct? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The rules specify:

TheRules wrote:
Any Region can be chosen except the King's Region.

2. Most of the Stack one cards say "any" region and they mean it. Except, of course, for the King's region. The King's region is always off limits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Doe
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. So basically I'm correct and these are the only exceptions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jedo1 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. So basically I'm correct and these are the only exceptions?

I think there's also a stack 4 card that moves cabs on the board. Yeah, the player picks a region (any region but the king's region) and all other players move their cabs from that region to any other region (again, except the king's region) selecting secretly with the disc.

The restriction on placing cabs into regions adjacent to the king is only on the number of cabs the action card allows you to move from your court to the provinces. The special action of the action cards each have their own particular set of rules.

The only "universal" rule on placing or moving cabs in El Grande is that nothing ever (never, ever) goes into or out of the King's region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Doe
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
Jedo1 wrote:

I think there's also a stack 4 card that moves cabs on the board. Yeah, the player picks a region (any region but the king's region) and all other players move their cabs from that region to any other region (again, except the king's region) selecting secretly with the disc.

The restriction on placing cabs into regions adjacent to the king is only on the number of cabs the action card allows you to move from your court to the provinces. The special action of the action cards each have their own particular set of rules.

The only "universal" rule on placing or moving cabs in El Grande is that nothing ever (never, ever) goes into or out of the King's region.

Excellent. Thanks man, I appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.