11 Posts

Vampire Hunters» Forums » General

Subject: VH - producers and printers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John B

Virginia
msg tools
Is there solid word on who is printing the game and making the minis?
I think it's time we had that settled as we consider upping our pledges or rolling back to see what happens.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something about the miniatures gives me an Archon/Prodos vibe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says the models were sculpted by Alexei Popovici on the front page. The name is familiar, but I can't place from where right now. I don't know much about the manufacturing of miniatures, but my guess would be that the sculptor has more to do with the vibe than any potential company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They haven't stated specifics yet, but they have said they are in the final stages of negotiations. There was also mention by Succubus (publisher of Middara) that they were also talking with Dark Gate Games (Vampire Hunters) about the manufacturer and all.

I have a feeling that until both of them work out a deal (which Succubus hinted could be soon, at least) they won't say anything (And shouldn't, until the negotiation is complete).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B

Virginia
msg tools
Right, the sculpts and 3D rendering have almost no control over final mini quality. That's why I'm asking to see who's actually making the products we will hold. I think DGG has alluded to that they are in talks with a few makers. Now is a good time to tell the backers, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
It says the models were sculpted by Alexei Popovici on the front page.

Looks like he was one of the artists used on Massive Darkness:

https://www.artstation.com/artist/alexei_popovici

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wales
flag msg tools
Actually even if they are in negotiation period they should still tell backers who it is. (especially since they are *close* to finishing it!!)

It is very important to backers to know who you are going with, and to be able to tell you if who you are negotiating with are a bad company BEFORE you get a contract with them!

I have yet to hear a KSer NOT tell who they are negotiating with.. most will say who they are considering and people give feedback.

As they currently won't say who they are sooo close to choosing and won't give any information that they will give refunds if it turns out they picked an absolute dud... I am very close to dropping. Even though I really want this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wales
flag msg tools
Logus Vile wrote:
It says the models were sculpted by Alexei Popovici on the front page. The name is familiar, but I can't place from where right now. I don't know much about the manufacturing of miniatures, but my guess would be that the sculptor has more to do with the vibe than any potential company.

As pretty as the sculpts may be. If they choose a company that can't produce it, my nephew could have sculpted them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Bone
msg tools
Has anyone seen additional info on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TB0NE wrote:
Has anyone seen additional info on this?

A little info:

Quote:
Hi guys,

I visit Dakka almost everyday and it is by far my favorite forum about tabletop gaming, so I could not stand that in my favorite forum there was such a bad vibe on Vampire Hunters.

DGG has its hands full with the management of the Kickstarter so I took it on myself to shed some light on this project since I am helping them with their Kickstarter. Most of you guys are veterans of the gaming tables so your questions are deeper than usual.

There have been lots of rumors about Vampire Hunters and it is time to clear the air.

Which factory is going to manufacture Vampire Hunter?

No contract has been signed yet with a manufacturer. However I have personally received quotes from several factories in China and shortlisted those that guarantee the best quality (NOT the best price, since DGG does not want to go cheap). At this stage it seems likely we will manufacture it with Ludofact, but we have two more high quality Chinese factories lined up with a good track record and several best selling games on their belt.

Why haven't you signed a contract to manufacture Vampire hunters yet?

Simple: because we want to produce Vampire Hunters at the best possible quality. Being DGG's first project it would have been impossible to sign up with Ludofact or other top manufacturers since we did not know how many copies of the games would be supported by backers on Kickstarter. Choosing a factory before the launch would have forced DGG to sign with a more affordable manufacturer in China with lower guarantee about the quality of the end product.

Why was the first campaign for Vampire Hunters canceled?

As always there were several reasons but the main one is that DGG realized the real potential of their game was far greater than they expected. Once they were live they got feedbacks on so many aspects of the project and realized that fixing them after the Kickstarter would have surely delayed the fulfillment by several months. So they pulled the plug, went back to the drawing board and fixed the miniatures, game mechanics and project management (tough call when you are above your funding goal but I have seen many projects that should have done the same, didn't, and had problems later down the line).

Is July 2017 a realistic estimated delivery date?

It is tight but not impossible. DGG has worked for 1 year on the rules and playtesting of the game. Of all the projects I have been involved with very few were at a better stage by the time they launched the project on Kickstarter. In the other projects I have worked on getting a production slot at the factory was not the limiting factor. Most of the time the issues are upstream. Sometimes the issues are with the miniature sculpts that need to be adjusted or re-sculpted for injection molding, sometimes the printed material or finalizing the rules is the issue. What I am saying is that not having signed with a manufacturer yet does not imply a delay.

Why didn't DGG reply earlier to the questions about manufacturing?

DGG decided to keep quiet until they had a clearer picture of who could be handling the manufacture of Vampire Hunters. Was it a smart move? maybe, maybe not. However they preferred to avoid spreading false rumors and waited until now to give a realistic answer. Now I got the green light and here I am, answering these questions.

Which scale and material are the miniatures going to be?

As said before by Tony, the miniatures are going to be on average 32-34mm which is comparable to Z:BP. Material will be PVC. We are going to show some photos of the 3d printed figures in the coming days. I am going to 3d print them myself and share them with you guys.

I think this post should make things clear for most of you. In case I forgot something or you have more questions I will check this tread from now on.

From: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/30/696980.pa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
officially announced in the latest update on Kickstarter.

"We have more good news from our financial team. We have shared a lot of information about the game but not about our manufacturing plans. The premier board game manufacturer Ludofact is our first choice for the production of Vampire Hunters. In the past few weeks, we have been in contact with Ludofact and they are very happy to manufacture Vampire Hunters and fit us in to their production queue!

Ludofact guarantees top quality for all their games.

As we have said since the beginning, we want only the best quality for our game."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.