Bob Swander
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just thought I'd drop a note to any interested parties about a small tournament being hosted at Pandemonium Books in Cambridge at the end of April. I'm still putting together a more complete review to go on the game's page (The Spoils), but suffice to say for now that it's a very fun CCG (aieee! yeah, yeah...) that takes the best bits of all the CCGs that have come before it and makes for an action packed and INCREDIBLY funny and fun game.

A twenty isn't a lot to drop to at least try it out and it'd be nice to have a few people around to actually play. I've been wanting to get some more games in ever since I first picked up a couple starters on a whim and played against a pal of mine. So come and give it a chance if you can!

Here's the official description:

The Spoils CCG Spring Limited Tournament
Sun Apr 29 12:00 - Sun Apr 29 18:00

Pandemonium is proud to announce that the store will be hosting Boston's Spring Limited tournament for The Spoils CCG.

Entry cost will be $20, and players will receive one Competition Pack and two Competition booster packs. Prizes will be awarded!

http://www.pandemoniumbooks.com/

general@pandemoniumbooks.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. Need judges? Also, what prizes are available to be won? Who's also there to teach the game to people?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Swander
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rappak wrote:
Interesting. Need judges? Also, what prizes are available to be won? Who's also there to teach the game to people?

Not sure on the first two points- I'm just relaying what I heard from the store.

As to who can teach it...I've played a few times and though that certainly doesn't qualify me in any large way, I'd be happy to explain the game as best I can to anyone else there. And to be honest, beyond the basic turn structure, you play pretty much off the cards (play the card, do what it says).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an awfully kind offer there, Bob. I'll be the confused-looking guy with a fistful of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Zimmerman
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Best of luck with the tournament.

For anyone who's curious about the game, it's a lot like Magic: the Gathering, but it's less dependant on luck (any card can be used as a resource) and more steeped in pop culture references. It's a very fun game and if you've ever played any CCG, you should have no problem picking up on the rules.

If anyone is ever near the Lehigh Valley, PA, and would like to try it out, feel free to send me a PM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.