Hide
8 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lando Deployment Card - Gambit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Angel Ojeda
msg tools
Can someone please explain lando's gambit ability on his deployment card? I can't wrap my head around it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
When you re-roll an attack die, you can change it to a different color. Same for defense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically whenever you get to reroll any dice, you can change the color of that die to one of the same type. "Same type" means offense or defense (i.e. you cannot change your Red attack die to be a Black defense die).

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel Ojeda
msg tools
Ahhhh thanks to both of you. The word "type" was throwing me off. I thought it was saying I could reroll, say, a yellow with a yellow which made no sense to me. But seeing as how type means attack or defense it makes a lot more sense. Seems like that should be obvious though right? Who would roll a defense die for an attack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
The "dice type" has been defined in the rulesheet that comes with Lando, and in the Bespin Gambit rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for reference too, there's a section added into the Bespin rulebook about Dice Types:

Quote:
DICE TYPES
Some abilities refer to a die's type. A die's type is either
"attack" or "defense."
• Blue, Red, Green, and Yellow dice are attack dice.
• Black and White dice are defense dice.

I'm still hoping they'll make a new defense die, like a brown die or something that's halfway between the White and Black die.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel Ojeda
msg tools
Gotcha. I don't own bespin gambit yet and was just looking at deployment cards for minis. Guess i got ahead of myself. Also, a new defense die would be quite cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Bohde
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:

I'm still hoping they'll make a new defense die, like a brown die or something that's halfway between the White and Black die.

-shnar

Shouldn't that be a gray die?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.