Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

Did anyone get their KS exclusive cards warped from getting wet?

My entire deck is ruined and unusable. I guess I will write to support and if no response, time to call my credit card company to dispute the charges.

I feel like a 6 year old packed my box!

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Wan
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you missed it, you might want to check this updated from Artipia Games

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/241478362/the-pursuit-o...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
netwilk wrote:
In case you missed it, you might want to check this updated from Artipia Games

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/241478362/the-pursuit-o...

Thanks, already sent an email to their support.

I still don't see why anyone would throw loose cards in with a package, common sense tells you to at least wrap it in a freaking bag!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel West
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the first edition as an add on, and all of the cards, including Kickstarter bonuses (pets, single round jobs, trends, etc) were all in the shrink wrapped game box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Team D20 wrote:
I got the first edition as an add on, and all of the cards, including Kickstarter bonuses (pets, single round jobs, trends, etc) were all in the shrink wrapped game box.

It seems for the 2nd edition, they did it differently.

Quote:
From Update #33

"As a reminder, here is what you should expect when opening your package:

A copy of "The Pursuit of Happiness"
A pack of shrink-wrapped cards - the game's Stretch Rewards
One sheet of rules for the Stretch Rewards
One sleeved promo card ("Space Trip").
(those who ordered them only) Sleeves: Those who bought standard quality should get them all in the box while those who ordered premium quality will get 2 of the ordered packs (the rest of the packs were sent separately - many people have already received them)."

So the stretch goals, sleeved promo, rules for stretch goals, and card sleeves are going to be loose inside the shipping box

Unfortunately, for many of us (myself included), the shipping box got mangled in the mail. My stretch goal cards weren't even in the box and the promo card got bent all along one edge rendering it unusable
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the wet cards, after reading many of the comments in the Kickstarter campaign, it seems that most (if not all) backers from Tampa FL got wet cards.

It goes without saying that it sucks to receive such a package but when you realize that it happened to all the backers in that region (and only to that region - I'm talking about the wet packages/cards here) it's safe to assume that it wasn't due to Artipia's packaging but due to the way the local post-office handled them (or more accurately left them out in the rain/threw them in a pond?). The quantity of water required to completely soak the cardboard of a package and get the SHRINK WRAPPED cards inside wet, would do damage to any game (or letter/parcel) delivered the same day, regardless of how well it was packaged.

All that being said, I'm sure that if you send an email to Artipia they will make things right and send you replacements. In all their years as a company they have never left someone who received a damaged product without replacements.

I would strongly suggest though you contact your local post-office and aim your frustration there. To someone like me, reading so many comments from the exact same region about wet packages makes me furious with the negligence of the workers in that post-office. Especially when that negligence ends up costing another company, thousands of miles away, hundreds of dollars in replacements...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Riley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received mine today in CA. Minor damage to box and insert. My Space Trip card was warped due to shifting within the box. I'm hoping it will relax with time. Hopefully, I'll be able to get my first (solo) play in tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
avyssaleos wrote:
Regarding the wet cards, after reading many of the comments in the Kickstarter campaign, it seems that most (if not all) backers from Tampa FL got wet cards.

It goes without saying that it sucks to receive such a package but when you realize that it happened to all the backers in that region (and only to that region - I'm talking about the wet packages/cards here) it's safe to assume that it wasn't due to Artipia's packaging but due to the way the local post-office handled them (or more accurately left them out in the rain/threw them in a pond?). The quantity of water required to completely soak the cardboard of a package and get the SHRINK WRAPPED cards inside wet, would do damage to any game (or letter/parcel) delivered the same day, regardless of how well it was packaged.

All that being said, I'm sure that if you send an email to Artipia they will make things right and send you replacements. In all their years as a company they have never left someone who received a damaged product without replacements.

I would strongly suggest though you contact your local post-office and aim your frustration there. To someone like me, reading so many comments from the exact same region about wet packages makes me furious with the negligence of the workers in that post-office. Especially when that negligence ends up costing another company, thousands of miles away, hundreds of dollars in replacements...

My cards were NOT shrink wrapped.

They were loose inside the box (my box was also badly damaged).

I have ordered tons of game via UPS/Fed Ex/USPS and have NEVER had an issue with water damage.

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.