GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,045 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Backgammon» Forums » General

Subject: What is "prime versus slime"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Die Scholle
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Recently I heard the expression used in the commentary to the World Championship final, and I was wondering what it means.

Bonus question 1: are there any good backgammon forums on the internet? Where is the best place to ask questions like this?

Bonus question 2: does anyone know if there is anywhere to watch the rest of the 2016 World Chmpionship final with commentary? The first 2 hours are on the USBGF Youtube channel, and I really enjoyed them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Saddleback, covered by a blanket of winter snow
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
From the thread below, the only thing I found with Google, I think slime just means a poor position.
http://www.bgonline.org/forums/webbbs_config.pl?noframes;read=41886#Responses

I suppose it might mean a position you can only win with slow timing: hope to keep the opponent's men back while his prime disintegrates in his home board. See this position:
http://www.bgonline.org/forums/webbbs_config.pl?noframes;read=41819
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Die Scholle
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The forum linked to by Walt also answers the third question

Quote:
I think it's not going to be possible. For a completely unknown reason, recording stopped at the 2 hour mark on the file with commentary.

I am looking into why that occurred, what we can do to avoid that happening again, and trying to come up with backup recording methods to cover strange software anomalies.

What a pity!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.