Backgammon» Forums » General

Subject: What is "prime versus slime"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Die Scholle
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Recently I heard the expression used in the commentary to the World Championship final, and I was wondering what it means.

Bonus question 1: are there any good backgammon forums on the internet? Where is the best place to ask questions like this?

Bonus question 2: does anyone know if there is anywhere to watch the rest of the 2016 World Chmpionship final with commentary? The first 2 hours are on the USBGF Youtube channel, and I really enjoyed them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
From the thread below, the only thing I found with Google, I think slime just means a poor position.
http://www.bgonline.org/forums/webbbs_config.pl?noframes;read=41886#Responses

I suppose it might mean a position you can only win with slow timing: hope to keep the opponent's men back while his prime disintegrates in his home board. See this position:
http://www.bgonline.org/forums/webbbs_config.pl?noframes;read=41819
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Die Scholle
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The forum linked to by Walt also answers the third question

Quote:
I think it's not going to be possible. For a completely unknown reason, recording stopped at the 2 hour mark on the file with commentary.

I am looking into why that occurred, what we can do to avoid that happening again, and trying to come up with backup recording methods to cover strange software anomalies.

What a pity!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.