Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

Has anyone heard any update on the shipping date for SHOW? I have a friend that is interested to play but is waiting on the vehicles.

The last I heard is that LBG was waiting on a machine part.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All has been quiet Todd. Last thing SHOW related that I recall is that the decal machine or whatever needed a new part and that SHOW would be shipping in early to mid July. But then July is the big convention time for LBG I believe, so even if the machine was fixed, they weren't going to be around to ship anything.

I don't know if they are going to GenCon, but if they are, then that's another week away. If they aren't going to GenCon, I would hope we would get an update soon as to the shipping status.

I already missed the window of playing SHOW with a college kid in my game group, as he left for Australia about a week ago for college classes until December. He's a history major and WWII is right in his wheelhouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Per my query on their face book page...they had to get a new printer, not just a part...and the expected shipping is now this fall. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/SergeantsGame/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope to see my stuff by November. I hope to get a group together to play in November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
Per my query on their face book page...they had to get a new printer, not just a part...and the expected shipping is now this fall. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/SergeantsGame/

Okay, that affects the application of decals to the models. What about those of us who didn't order any models?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...good question, but, I've no answer gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a very quick update for you. The rules are being given a thorough edit. This should be completed soon, then formatting, final proofing, and printing. I will post a very brief unboxing of a Sherman tank in the files section here. Comments welcome, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While that's great to hear Jeffery, it's kind of odd with regards to the rules still being worked on, considering the delay of shipping in June was because of a label machine being broken. So regardless of the label machine working or not, they weren't ready for a June launch.

We'll all I can say, is that hopefully they took advantage of the delay and got a lot more testing done at the conventions they went to over the summer. The rules should be pretty tight by now, so we shouldn't have any issues when we do finally get the vehicles. If that's the case, then it will definitely be worth the wait. Though it still better be here by November, as I'll need to learn it before teaching a friend's son coming home from college, as I didn't get to before he left in July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
While that's great to hear Jeffery, it's kind of odd with regards to the rules still being worked on, considering the delay of shipping in June was because of a label machine being broken. So regardless of the label machine working or not, they weren't ready for a June launch.

We'll all I can say, is that hopefully they took advantage of the delay and got a lot more testing done at the conventions they went to over the summer. The rules should be pretty tight by now, so we shouldn't have any issues when we do finally get the vehicles. If that's the case, then it will definitely be worth the wait. Though it still better be here by November, as I'll need to learn it before teaching a friend's son coming home from college, as I didn't get to before he left in July.

The rules are still be worked on? Sheesh!...cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate to be a downer but given the history of this game the more work done the better. I figured out how to play SMG from the V1 rules and some help. The V2 rules were much easier to understand.

How about Rally Round the Flag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:

How about Rally Round the Flag?

Does anyone actually play this game? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting a new thread on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.