Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Jessee
United States
Helena
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like the card game I've been waiting for and more like what I had hoped PACG might be. The cthulhu setting is a great choice as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Dunks
United States
Providence Forge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering how it will compare to other recent FFG co-op offerings: LotR TCG, Elder Signs, and Warhammer Fantasy Quest TCG. All of those were, IMO, initially promising, but after a few plays seemed dry and mechanical and not so thematic. Here's hoping this is the one that really breaks new ground. Can't wait to see the rule book!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
I typically have a "no fanboys" policy, but I am going to waive that restriction just this one time, because this... looks...

AWESOME!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abaddon Wormwood
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This GenCon seems to be the Year of AH. I have AH but have never brought it to the table. Eldritch Horror yes and the forthcoming MoM 2nd will make it but original AH looks a beast. This card version might be the ticket

I am now researching into a Traveling Trunk to store all things AH. Something akin to this:

Wormwood
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Still not big enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cleland
Canada
Carlisle
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 core sets day 1 for me.
Love that 2 cores is a full card set

Is it q4 yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent DePonte
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Saucerboy wrote:

Is it q4 yet?

As with every other LCG they make it could have been 1 for very little extra cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ted anderson
United States
southington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FellintoOblivion wrote:
Saucerboy wrote:

Is it q4 yet?

As with every other LCG they make it could have been 1 for very little extra cost.

But that doesn't move as many units at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mb
This is the best news ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Larson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really excited this was finally confirmed. Once I heard about the leak a month or so ago (can't find the BGG New article), I've been hoping it wasn't a false rumor.
I sold LotR: The Card Game awhile back, and this will be the game to to scratch that itch again. Also, as much as I love Elder Sign, this will be replacing ES as well. I enjoy ES, but its been feeling a bit dry lately, and not as excited to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spamman5r
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FellintoOblivion wrote:
Saucerboy wrote:

Is it q4 yet?

How much extra cost do you think it would be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spamman5r wrote:
FellintoOblivion wrote:
Saucerboy wrote:

Is it q4 yet?

How much extra cost do you think it would be?

Do we know what is included?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FellintoOblivion wrote:
Saucerboy wrote:

Is it q4 yet?

As with every other LCG, you know it's pointless to bring this up. FFG has clearly stated the reasons for what they do and has essentially said that they won't be changing their method, for many good reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
As with every other LCG, you know it's pointless to bring this up. FFG has clearly stated the reasons for what they do and has essentially said that they won't be changing their method, for many good reasons.

Lets not get crazy lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mb
I've never had much interest in LotR LCG and I have no local group for Netrunner match ups, so LCGs have mostly been a pass for me.

NOT ANYMORE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryll F
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Day One: 2xCore for me as well.

Open! Open! Open!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
Idaho11 wrote:

Lets not get crazy lol

Lets be glad they didn't choose the collectable model like the new star wars game..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
AbsZero wrote:

Open! Open! Open!

They better limit people this year to max 2 core sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Baltimore
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What hit me first was the ability to level up your deck between games. That is just amazing. Hope we can get a demo of it online this weekend. Love to see it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
AbsZero wrote:

Open! Open! Open!

They better limit people this year to max 2 core sets.

Limit where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abaddon Wormwood
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In simple terms can someone please explain why 2 Core sets are ideal.

I kind of get it but there is still something missing - ie I don't have a burning desire to get two... but I so want this game

Wormwood
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Billups
msg tools
mb
AbsZero wrote:

Open! Open! Open!

For those of you who have more experience than I do with LCG format. Is there any reason to buy two copies if I'm playing solo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FellintoOblivion wrote:
Saucerboy wrote:

Is it q4 yet?

FFG has become much better about this. WH40K Conquest had way fewer extra cards with multiple core sets, AGOT2.0 had hardly any repeats, and even before these Star Wars LCG had very few unnessesary repeated cards from multiple core sets. I think Netrunner was the worst offender on number of unnessesary cards as a result of multiple core sets, and Netrunner was probably the best selling LCG core set among recent offerings which I think especially resulted in this perception.

It is unfortunate that FFG's packaging of LCG core sets makes no one happy though. FFG releases core sets to fulfill different niches simultaneously and it may make it cheaper for them, but it clearly has mixed results for gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mb
mkaup366 wrote:
FellintoOblivion wrote:
Saucerboy wrote:

Is it q4 yet?

FFG has become much better about this. WH40K Conquest had way fewer extra cards with multiple core sets, AGOT2.0 had hardly any repeats, and even before these Star Wars LCG had very few unnessesary repeated cards from multiple core sets. I think Netrunner was the worst offender on number of unnessesary cards as a result of multiple core sets, and Netrunner was probably the best selling LCG core set among recent offerings which I think especially resulted in this perception.

It is unfortunate that FFG's packaging of LCG core sets makes no one happy though. FFG releases core sets to fulfill different niches simultaneously and it may make it cheaper for them, but it clearly has mixed results for gamers.

I. E. it makes perfect sense that someone only wanting play at 1-2p only needs a single set, and those looking for full 1-4p get two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Llessur Nosnikliw
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xord wrote:
AbsZero wrote:

Open! Open! Open!

For those of you who have more experience than I do with LCG format. Is there any reason to buy two copies if I'm playing solo?

As some have alluded to in other posts here, in the LCG format people purchase multiple core sets so they can have complete playlets (which is three cards each) in order to have all possible combinations for deck building.

But, the people doing that are the competitive Netrunner players (they bought 3 core sets to get 3x of the single copy cards that were desirable) and the Conquest players (but they had the benefit of only 1x copy of each card in a core set so you get full value from each set -- minus the planet cards, tokens and warlords of course)

If you have no plans to build the most competitive deck, and are just trying to have fun you can get the one core set...or two if you need to provide the game for four players. Otherwise, as a non-competitive player you would get two core sets to have a more efficient deck (less filler cards to get to the deck size and to help your probability of drawing more useful cards when you want them)

For the record, I am a huge LCG (ECG, etc.) fan and have no problem with the structure FFG uses for their core sets, so your moves may vary. Helps I have a local store that now beats the prices of the online stores so 2 sets is really costs 1.5 instead of double.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.