Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://time.com/4433168/jesse-ventura-donald-trump/

I ran across this article and I thought it was a very interesting take on Donald Trump. I actually have said the same thing in the past, that Trump is closer to being a Democrat than a Republican and is purposefully making the Republicans look like fools.

It is too bad that there isn't a viable 3rd party out there to step in this year and deliver the coup de grace that the Republicans deserve. If Trump's behavior continues to get more and more outrageous as the election approaches the truth of what he is doing will become obvious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting article but I'm not sure it's deliberate. Trump is like a baby gojira just trampling everything in his path; he likely doesn't even know where he's stepping. Jesse is known to be a bit of a conspiracy theorist and while his theories sound interesting, I doubt they hold any water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
Interesting article but I'm not sure it's deliberate. Trump is like a baby gojira just trampling everything in his path; he likely doesn't even know where he's stepping. Jesse is known to be a bit of a conspiracy theorist and while his theories sound interesting, I doubt they hold any water.

His only "theory" is that, like Pat Buchanan did, Trump is running solely for his personal benefit. Which seems pretty obvious. No conspiracies involved. He's right that Trump is definitely not stupid, he's not blindly failing about. Everything about his campaign has been pretty smart and well planned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:

His only "theory" is that, like Pat Buchanan did, Trump is running solely for his personal benefit. Which seems pretty obvious. No conspiracies involved. He's right that Trump is definitely not stupid, he's not blindly failing about. Everything about his campaign has been pretty smart and well planned.
Saying Trump is deliberately destroying the gop sounds conspiracy theoryish to me. I disagree that he's not stupid; he's like a bull in a china shop... even causing unnecessary injury to himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
It's just my own theory but I think Trump's plan was just to run on his business acumen and all around awesomeness. The Mexicans are thieves line was adlibbed and the whole campaign went from there when he started shooting up in the polls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree with the general gist of the big Jesses theory.

I think Donny is deliberately trying to troll the GOP, well at first. I think now it has gotten out of hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a related article:

http://time.com/4433168/jesse-ventura-donald-trump/

"...Pat Buchanan came in with these legions of people (who were backed by the Republican Party) and took over the Reform party, got the nomination and then didn’t even run. Buchanan took the money we raised (at that point, we had quite a large national base thanks to Ross Perot and myself) and he used that money to retire his previous campaign debts."--Jesse Ventura

"My Reform Party might be dead and gone, but the principles of that party will never die as long as people are socially liberal and fiscally conservative—and guess what? In poll after poll, the majority of the country is exactly that!"--Jesse Ventura

So, one theory I've read (not sure if it's in the Time article) is that Trump while he would love to win, his fallback position, with his talk of election rigging, is to create a large faction of of the electorate that will not return to the Republican party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.