Dominion: Empires» Forums » Rules

Subject: Crown a start of turn duration card...amulet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Kingsbury
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
So if you crown an amulet, does the amulet effect happen twice on your next turn as well? The way crown is worded with "if it's your action phase, you may play an action twice" although now that I'm writing this, I think start of net turn is your action phase anyway, so it wouldn't matter regardless, am I correct? Crown an amulet and the amulet is played twice at first play, and at the start of your next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusing Manifestation
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like other "Play an Action card twice/three times" cards, the answer is yes - when you play Amulet, you set up an "at the start of your next turn" effect. If you play Amulet twice, you set up two of those effects. You do *not* play Amulet again at the start of your next turn, you just resolve the effects that were set up when you played it.

This also means that the Crown stays in play until you discard Amulet, which will typically be at the end of your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Note that, although you leave the Duration card out to mark that there is an enduring effect, it really is just a marker. Even if, for example, you threw the Amulet on a Bonfire, you'd still get the effect at the start of your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten Robinson
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So for the purposes of potentially buying Peddler (from prosperity) neither the crown, nor the amulet in the next turn is deemed to have been 'played' ...I guess ... Therefore wouldn't reduce the cost of the peddler? This is really a question for the prosperity forum, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
TrevorDay wrote:
So for the purposes of potentially buying Peddler (from prosperity) neither the crown, nor the amulet in the next turn is deemed to have been 'played' ...I guess ... Therefore wouldn't reduce the cost of the peddler? This is really a question for the prosperity forum, I guess.

Peddler only cares about cards that are "in Play". In this case Crown and Amulet are still in play (from having been played the previous turn) so they do count.

On the other hand, Conspirator only cares about cards that have been played that turn, and so only counts them on the turn that they were played (but it does count Amulet twice, because Crown played it twice).

So Crown on Amulet counts as three cards on the turn played, but none on the next turn, for the purposes of Conspirator; but as two cards on both turns for the purposes of Peddler.

A similar distinction happens with cards that are removed from play - e.g. Crown on Feast then counts as three cards played for Conspirator (Crown, Feast and Feast again) but only as one card in play for Peddler (only the Crown is still in play as the Feast is in the Trash).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Yes, that.

Similarly, for Reserves (from Adventures):

You play it. 1 card played this turn, 1 card in play.
Then you move it to the Tavern mat. 1 card played this turn, no card in play.
When you call it on a later turn it re-enters play: 0 card played this turn, 1 card in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.