Twilight Struggle» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Space Race Card played" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What precisely is the purpose of the back of the space race token?

P. S. I find the game's tokens (not the game itself) a tad confusing, without the use of internet to clear up. The rulebook, as clear and brief as the rules for gameplay in specific are, could use some improvement regarding the clarification of some of the components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there."
mbmbmbmbmb
You are only allowed to play one card to the space race each turn. You can flip the space race token after you play the card to remind yourself that you have already done so on that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can usually only play one card to the Space Race each turn. When playing slowly, or inattentively, it is possible that a player may forget whether or not a card has already been played to the Space Race in the current turn. If the flip-side of the token is used, this will never be a problem.

Of course, the game might proceed too quickly for all the token fiddling to be worth the effort, so whether or not you diligently update all the tokens is up to you. I've always played quite slowly though, so usually make full use of the tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.