Subject: White Speaker Event rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Helveston
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I'm curious if people think the White Speaker Event is worth pursuing, as in my experience the meager chance of getting a benefit outweighs the potential losses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I lump it together with the other "flavorful, but the math doesn't add up to be viable" innovations...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Mullen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Same. It's not something we go for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I agree with what everyone else has posted here I have to say the Storytelling innovation (White Speaker story event) is fun and flavorful. I have had a few settlement phases where there were excess endeavors and we just needed to burn them on something. Storytelling is a decent choice especially if you don't have expansion innovations (Round Stone Training, Light Forging, etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevenson Junior
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately we came for the same conclusion: it was better for us to avoid White Speakers and their bedtime stories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone reconsidering this innovation given the story add-on via the White Speaker mini? I like you can now get pretty good gear from her in addition to the stories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Epidemius wrote:
Anyone reconsidering this innovation given the story add-on via the White Speaker mini? I like you can now get pretty good gear from her in addition to the stories.

It feels like a decent patch, doesn't it? I'm still reeling from how good the knife is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, that knife is pretty absurdly good. I think it's a bit silly-powerful, but it seems like anything that kills one of your guys to make it is expensive enough in poots' opinion that it can be lethal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.