Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Moore
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the twist? Sounds like it lessens interaction between players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
crasher wrote:
Got a chance to look at an expansion for Lost Cities today.

An expansion that no-one else has heard anything about? Please elaborate. I can only assume it's fan-made, not official.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - Water from an Ancient Well
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If they're producing a 6th deck that's intended to be played with the others, they'd need a new board that supported it as well or it would be an aesthetic distraction. More money down the drain to no purpose so far as I can see.

My wife and elder daughter both enjoy the game, and I enjoy playing it with them. It's a classic, simple design and if ever there was a game that was sufficient unto itself and didn't need an expansion it fits the bill. Even for those who are irretrievably addicted to 'more' of anything and everything, there is already Lost Cities: The Board Game.

I bought two copies of Lost Cities and my recorded plays span more than a decade, so I'm guessing the publishers figured I'd perfectly fit the demographic of a potential purchaser. They couldn't be more wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. If this is just a promo, I'm guessing it might even be supposed to replace one of the original decks, instead of being added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - Water from an Ancient Well
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
I agree. If this is just a promo, I'm guessing it might even be supposed to replace one of the original decks, instead of being added.

I thought of that too, and think it might be the best way to use it because it wouldn't monkey around with the rules. Even then I wouldn't buy it at any price because a) it wouldn't match the board image for the replaced suit, and b) the new card backs wouldn't match the old (I won't play with sleeves).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
crasher wrote:
Sorry to leave you guys hanging. It includes an extra card that you place beside the board to add a 6th space.

This adds basically nothing, aesthetically speaking. A board extension would be much more appropriate (assuming this is really a sixth suit to be added), although I understand it might increase the production cost too much for a free promo.

Quote:
The card backs are the same.

I'm sure Sphere was referring to the difficulty in keeping the exact same shade in different print runs. I own games whose expansions have clearly distinguishable card backs, even if the art is the same. Jambo is the most egregious case, but fortunately it's not much of a problem there. In Lost Cities, having one suit stand out would be a big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lost Cities: Expedition 6 – The Lost Expedition

The only question I'm wondering is if is compatible with the older Rio Grande/Kosmos edition or only the newer edition from Rio Grande

From what I read, they did change the size of the cards between editions so I'm guessing they won't be compatible for those that have the older edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And the OP deleted all his posts. shake

EDIT: I deleted some of mine that were left hanging there and no longer served a purpose due to OP's immature attitude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
Lost Cities: Expedition 6 – The Lost Expedition

The only question I'm wondering is if is compatible with the older Rio Grande/Kosmos edition or only the newer edition from Rio Grande

From what I read, they did change the size of the cards between editions so I'm guessing they won't be compatible for those that have the older edition

I can confirm the 6th expedition cards are compatible with the older Rio Grande/Kosmos edition.
From what I read, the most recent reprint has the same size cards as the older edition
However, it looks like the Kosmos (German) edition has slightly different sized cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.