Hide
2 Posts

Shakespeare» Forums » Variants

Subject: A non-bidding variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Panu Trivej
msg tools
Bidding is an integral part of Shakespeare, and I personally have no problem with it. Except that, oftentimes it perplexes a newcomer and is prone to create AP. When I introduce the game, I use this non-bidding variant which I would like to share.

The turn order is defined solely by the initiation track. A player who first uses an actor/actress will be the first to go on the next day. Once a player decides to take no more action, he declares 'Pass', and if he's the first to do so, he receives an extra Vp. (Obviously, you can't pass until you recruit.)

It works almost like a regular game, but simpler. If you are a starting player, it'll be easier to pass early and gain that extra Vp just like how the initiation track breaks the tie in a regular game.

As a side note, declaring 'Pass' can be done by putting your left-over cylinders on the extra Shakespeare/Hamlet card. This at least gives the card some purpose in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Hays
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though I love the auction, I like this idea quite a lot as a variant. Seems at least worth trying once. It may take away some of the anguish of that decision that I love but not everybody does. At least it seems quite playable this way. It makes passing an interesting decision and adds a bit of press your luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.