United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
gagawolala wrote:
this game any good?

I'm sure it's a masterpiece that is only extremely discounted because of some space-time anomaly.

/unhelpful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard good things from someone who's played it a few times. I picked it up in an earlier CSI sale (for a lot more money!), and based on the components and reading the rules, it looks very promising.

For whatever reason, it's been hard to get people to play it. Can't say why; IMO it's gorgeous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent DePonte
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
DJ Kuul A wrote:
I've heard good things from someone who's played it a few times. I picked it up in an earlier CSI sale (for a lot more money!), and based on the components and reading the rules, it looks very promising.

For whatever reason, it's been hard to get people to play it. Can't say why; IMO it's gorgeous.

"In Venetia, players compete to become the most prosperous and influential noble family in the history of the Serenissima Republic."

That description isn't exactly getting me hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Misterboy wrote:
gagawolala wrote:
this game any good?

I'm sure it's a masterpiece that is only extremely discounted because of some space-time anomaly.

/unhelpful

If I can also be unhelpful, I would point out that the "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" list on Amazon only shows games that have been steeply discounted recently (it dropped below $20 at the beginning of June).

I'm no Batman (or am I?), but that seems to indicate that the people who bought this game got it because it was cheap, not good. Usually there would be at least a few more popular full-price games on that list if people were buying it for quality. Obviously not a definitive conclusion but it's worked for me when considering other games. At the very least I may draw out some rabidly defensive fans of the game who bought it and read the rules once but by gosh they are definitely going to play it as soon as the time is right and when that happens it will turn out to be the best game anyone has ever played. Those fans will provide the counter-point to my hackneyed line of reasoning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Petty
United States
Lapeer
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
It has a rating of 7. When I'm considering any game purchase with a rating 6-7 I just go through BGG comments. If I want the game, I sort by rating, high to low. If I'm trying to talk myself out of a spontaneous purchase I sort them low to high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
mpetty31 wrote:
It has a rating of 7. When I'm considering any game purchase with a rating 6-7 I just go through BGG comments. If I want the game, I sort by rating, high to low. If I'm trying to talk myself out of a spontaneous purchase I sort them low to high.

Ha ha ha! This is funny because it's true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JE SUIS VENU. J'AI VU. JE SUIS PARTI.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ronheleo wrote:

I picked this one up after watching a few videos and perusing the rule book. It seems to be very underrated, and looks great. I enjoy history, Venice, and games, so this is perfect fit for me. Thanks for the tip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul B
United States
Fairfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JE SUIS VENU. J'AI VU. JE SUIS PARTI.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on Amazon Prime for $20 https://www.amazon.com/Passport-Game-Studios-PGS105-Venetia/.... If you have Prime, it costs about the same as a copy form CSI did, if you missed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.