Hide
7 Posts

Doomtown: Reloaded» Forums » General

Subject: extra card in The Light Shineth rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tunabowl tony
msg tools
i'm just getting into the game and upon opening up the light shineth pine box i found a 7 of hearts card. there is no art on the card and the back has a green pattern. it's just like a 7 of hearts you would get from a regular deck of cards. i see no mention of it on the back of the pinebox or inside the story booklet. i'm still learning the game so maybe im missing something obvious. is it supposed to be a token for something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a misprint, there's no such card in the game. Have you checked that you aren't also missing a card?

It sounds like a cool extra thing to have though! Do you have a picture?
You could use it as a reminder token for who won Lowball, or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soulblight
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey nice score! I would also like to see a picture if you have one cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tunabowl tony
msg tools
sure, here are the pics. i got all the other cards that were suppose to be in the pinebox. i wonder what the little 5 means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soulblight
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting indeed. I wonder what the story is there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
somaluna wrote:
Very interesting indeed. I wonder what the story is there...

Me too. I got a 'raffle ticket' in 2 of my sets, but not (yet) an actual playing card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's a printer's slip-up. I've seen similar posts about random cards in other games as well. In one case,the added cards appeared to parts of an art poster print.

It's totally a guess, but I think the printers are using random scrap prints they have lying around to serve as dividers when they're sorting and cutting. Sometimes those dividers don't get removed when the decks are assembled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.