Subject: Juno ability clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking at trying out Juno soon but I was wondering about something. For Juno's ability... if you get a continuous boost back, does it apply right away if it's applicable (ie. Before, After, Hit, or constants like Electric Slide's Advance 2 spaces) to the current attack used in the strike?

EDIT: Clarification, I'm not sure if I can post ability texts here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
flag msg tools
I just played with her yesterday. Here is my view.
#1) I feel like this promo characters was not well thought out. Like the expansion promo characters the super moves are not foiled which is unlike the ones that came in the KS sets. I know, I know....the shimmering foil is just superficial but it really adds a nice touch and it was sad to see it not continued with the promotional characters.

#2) I interpret her power as follows (just my interpretation): After she "hits" and damage is resolved then she puts a continuous boost into play. That boost does not come into effect immediately, however it will be available in the next battle/confrontation/strike. The reason why I think it works this way is because of a few reasons. A) she already gets to play the boost for FREE. This is a huge advantage. B) If she was able to use it immediately in the battle it was brought in, then she would be able to (in some instances) use same continuous boost 4 times during the course of the game. For example if she paid the force cost and then discarded, then after reshuffling, she pays the force cost and uses it again then discards for the second time just like regular play HOWEVER then the next round she would be able to resurrect from her discard pile the same continuous boost and uses it immediately and then it would stay for the next round as well because it says do not discard it after the strike. That is 4 TIMES she could use the same boost. I think that would unbalance her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. You get the bonus. If it's in play when it's applicable, then it applies. That's part of why her Exceed is so boss. Keep in mind that on her "normal" side, very few boosts would apply, as few of them have "after:" effects. Most of the time on her normal side you'll be setting up your next attack.

As for the foils, Brad stated that the promo characters were printed at a different printer, so that they could come out on time. Personally, though I love the foils, if you don't sleeve the stick out like a sore thumb in the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.