5 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Legless Ball rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Death Jester
msg tools
mbmb
Has anyone managed to cut all the Spidicules's legs off successfully?

Any techniques/advice? Obviously high luck and not a Zanbato. Probably needs to be a Level 2 Spidicules too as the Level 1's tend to die first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Best advice I could give is just backing off and cherry picking your attacks with a cat's eye, same as you do with the death scrag location on the Butcher. It will mean a longer fight, but if you play cautiously and go into the fight with that result in mind you should be able to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cat eye
be ready to have people who are bad at wounding attack to take off lame locations
go against a level 2 so it's more forgiving (offensively) without being the horrible level 3 one.
get enough defense to last 'cause you can't rush it

we've never gotten the event to get it back, due to some horrible rolling, but we've gotten its legs hacked off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Spoiler all over this post.

Yeah, achieving this goal is one you have to plan for. I just finished up my first Level 2 and just barely managed to knock the last leg off as we achieved victory. And by barely I mean we had to burn two empty locations, cat's eye around a trap with 5 cards left in the hit location deck, and hope one card out of the two underneath the trap was the final leg we were looking for.

To make it more difficult, every single survivor had strength bonuses. And most had speed bonuses as well. To get the first two empty locations off we had to roll and hit twice, and then roll poorly and miss, with a +4 to the strength.

Yep. This shit's tough.

Some strategy tips will help, though: Vespertine Bow. You need to grab this thing if you are absolutely certain you want the ball. Using it's high attack rate will burn through the deck quickly from a distance, and when you absolutely need to pick off a leg and nothing else, its ability is crucial. Equip the user with strength bonuses (natural/otherwise).

Cat's Eye. You need to actively search for these cards. Every round. Maybe rawhide as well if you don't have enough survival in the pool.

Katars/Daggers. I am not a fan of the Lion Katars but this might be a useful situation. The same with daggers. Burning through the hit locations to get to a leg is what you want. If there is room this survivor should also have a high hit-high strength weapon to deal with the spiderlings.

One or two survivors not dedicated to searching for legs should be assigned to adds. Clear the babies off the board or they will kill you.

Shields. Surge can activate immediately after the monster ai makes a target selection. This. Can. Save. Your. Life. Especially if Hydraulic Leap is about to slam down. You cannot dodge that attack, but you can block most of it.

A word about the ending event for the ball: Nightmare Training makes a lot of the bad rolls pretty good for returning survivors. Consider prioritizing that before trying to activate the event

And, randomly....

Egg sacks. Remeber to harvest all of these on the board. They are the primary source of silk, not the monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.