Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the game solo 5 times. using normal rules but without the timer.
Yesterday I tried with Historian: a lose (1st location), a lose (4th), then a 1 win.
Today I tried with Scroundel: a lose (1st location, epic struggle for many turns), then a win.
Really, really happy with the game. Rate this a 9 so far.
Will try 2 Players game soon, still without the timer.

1. I use Historian (reroll my die once per Player Turn). I use a sniper to attack a Zombie card. Roll a 1: miss and reload, ugh!. I reroll, the result is a 6. Can I use Historian's special ability to reroll the die to ignore the "miss & reload" result?

2. I use Scroundel (if I use a Melee attack and roll a 6, deals 1 damage to each Zombie in my location). I have a Machette (Melee, on 7+ KILL). There are 4 Zombies in my Location: A (2 Health) ,B,C,D.
a) I attack Zombie A with Machette, roll a 6. Deals 1 damage to Zombie A. Triggers the special ability: deals 1 damage to Zombie A,B,C,D thus killing Zombie A. Right?
b) Same condition but I have Slayer (+1 attack roll). I attack Zombie A with Machette, roll a 6, becomes 7 because of Slayer to KILL Zombie A. Does the Scroundel's special ability trigger?

3. I can't use Scientist on a 8 players game, right? Because with only 2 Health for an 8 players game, the Scientist immediately dies and everyone loses the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JackDarwid wrote:
Played the game solo 5 times. using normal rules but without the timer.
Yesterday I tried with Historian: a lose (1st location), a lose (4th), then a 1 win.
Today I tried with Scroundel: a lose (1st location, epic struggle for many turns), then a win.
Really, really happy with the game. Rate this a 9 so far.
Will try 2 Players game soon, still without the timer.

1. I use Historian (reroll my die once per Player Turn). I use a sniper to attack a Zombie card. Roll a 1: miss and reload, ugh!. I reroll, the result is a 6. Can I use Historian's special ability to reroll the die to ignore the "miss & reload" result?

2. I use Scroundel (if I use a Melee attack and roll a 6, deals 1 damage to each Zombie in my location). I have a Machette (Melee, on 7+ KILL). There are 4 Zombies in my Location: A (2 Health) ,B,C,D.
a) I attack Zombie A with Machette, roll a 6. Deals 1 damage to Zombie A. Triggers the special ability: deals 1 damage to Zombie A,B,C,D thus killing Zombie A. Right?
b) Same condition but I have Slayer (+1 attack roll). I attack Zombie A with Machette, roll a 6, becomes 7 because of Slayer to KILL Zombie A. Does the Scroundel's special ability trigger?

3. I can't use Scientist on a 8 players game, right? Because with only 2 Health for an 8 players game, the Scientist immediately dies and everyone loses the game.

IMO

1/ Yes - a re-roll is a re-roll, you ignore the first Roll and all of it's effect and apply the second roll and all of it's effects.

2a/ A takes 1 from the attack, then 1 from the special ability to all zombies (including A) in the location.

2b/ A is killed from the attack, then 1 from the special ability to all zombies (including A - though that doesn't make any difference to it being already Killed) in the location.

3. Strictly - yes. Fudge - allow the scientist to start with 1 Health when playing 8 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kent
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mb
Hi

I agree with David.

TDM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick answers.

About 2b): that means the '6' is not a final roll result but a 'natural 6'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes a natural 6 is a (6), just as some natural 1 (1) is reload
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.