Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
http://compassgames.com/index.php/preorders/festung-europa-t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juhan Voolaid
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks awesome. Just my kind of complexity level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jux_ wrote:
Looks awesome. Just my kind of complexity level.

Ditto.
After a quick read of the rules, it seems to hit that sweet spot in terms of complexity for a strategic level WW2 game. For me, the Event / Ops cards clinch the deal; will pre-order this.

Edit: just ordered: $65 game + $33 shipping = $98. With the Aus / US conversion rate, works out to around $133 for me.

Just a shame the map is not mounted, that would have been great. I will probly end up just laminating it, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ananda Gupta
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Interesting that the Axis goes first. I wonder what moves make sense before you know the initial Allied landing site?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is good to get a "must play" event out of the German hand on Action Round 1 of Turn 1, but at the same time there are certainly other options open to the German player, such as a reinforcements card or a Strategic Redeployment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ananda Gupta
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Yes I can imagine the German player will have to sweat since the Allies choose their invasion site. He can try to dissuade one site or the other, for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ASGupta wrote:
Yes I can imagine the German player will have to sweat since the Allies choose their invasion site. He can try to dissuade one site or the other, for sure.

I was wondering if there will be any cards that allow the Allies to mislead the Axis as to what the intended Allied invasion site will be; just as in WW2 there were 'fake' armies and other ruses to delude the Germans into thinking that the intended Allied invasion site was Pas de Calais, and not Normandy (the true target for amphibious landing).

I am referring, of course, to Operation Bodyguard:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Bodyguard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer: yes.

Longer answer:

cards such as Mincemeat and Fortitude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Rinella wrote:
Short answer: yes.

Longer answer:

cards such as Mincemeat and Fortitude.

Great! Thanks for your comment, really looking forward to this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Games should begin shipping any day now. I know I'm expecting to have a copy setup before the end of the month.

Seriously tempted to work on that eastern front sequel but I'm swamped with other designs, on-line teaching, and a second book with the University Press of Kansas (galley proofs and index). I need more hours. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Rinella wrote:
Games should begin shipping any day now. I know I'm expecting to have a copy setup before the end of the month.

Seriously tempted to work on that eastern front sequel but I'm swamped with other designs, on-line teaching, and a second book with the University Press of Kansas (galley proofs and index). I need more hours. laugh

Yes, the email I received from Compass games stated that August 24th is the shipping date.
An eastern front sequel would be awesome, even more so if owners of the two games could somehow combine them into one 'mega European theater' war game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milton Soong
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just preordered today, looking forward to this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.