Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent DePonte
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kvz5vKJ29s&feature=youtu.be

This looks like such a nonsensical, chaotic mess.

Also nice to see that the guy who defrauded people in the Serpent's TOngue KS is answering questions in this new campaign. I'm sure he's totally trustworthy now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
I am glad I didn't back it up. I am not liking this 'RTS' at all. Seems way too messy and fidly.
If I wanna play something with 'RTS' feel to it, I play infinity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oblivion Doll
New Zealand
flag msg tools
It looks chaotic to me, but I wouldn't call it a mess, personally. And it looks like the players are the cause of all the chaos. It's about trying to anticipate what the other side are doing, and things get crazy when you inevitably get it wrong.

I can't say much about the Serpent's Tongue connection, because I wasn't part of it, and haven't gone in-depth on what went wrong there. I've been following the information on THIS project though, and I've seen enough to be sure that the Serpent's Tongue people aren't making the real decisions - but their mistakes are being kept in mind as something to avoid.

EDIT: just for reference - I'm saying this as someone who isn't backing this project, but is hoping to see a retail release, and will probably buy the game if it makes it to that point. I am backing Giga-Robo, which is also about giant robots smashing each other around a cityscape, but with a very different aesthetic and feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael G
Germany
Lingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For me Looks like a awesome concept and I want to test it.... acting instead of waiting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graeme Myron
msg tools
So there was this other video posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPS6wcOZyss

After watching it I have one question.

In a turn based board game you are making your turn and if you don't, it's gone. Here, nothing stops you from sitting there indefinitely.

What stops me from waiting for all other players to use-up all the energy. Then go out of cover and damage them without the risk of being shot at?

What will happen if everybody starts doing it? So we all just sit there on the unspent energy, so that we can react to the opponent's move.

Wouldn't it slow down the pace and defeat the whole point of this being an "rts"?

Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oblivion Doll
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Bren Gun wrote:
So there was this other video posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPS6wcOZyss

After watching it I have one question.

In a turn based board game you are making your turn and if you don't, it's gone. Here, nothing stops you from sitting there indefinitely.

What stops me from waiting for all other players to use-up all the energy. Then go out of cover and damage them without the risk of being shot at?

What will happen if everybody starts doing it? So we all just sit there on the unspent energy, so that we can react to the opponent's move.

Wouldn't it slow down the pace and defeat the whole point of this being an "rts"?

Am I missing something?

You're missing the fact that there's a turn timer, and that when it runs out, any player may at any time declare the turn over, requiring everyone to stop. If you play at a measured pace instead of rushing, someone waiting for you to finish will get cut off when they try taking actions after you.

That, along with how the game's objectives work, seems (according to the devs) to get in the way of people trying to "camp" in this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.