Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
21 Posts

Quartermaster General – Victory or Death: The Peloponnesian War» Forums » General

Subject: Card manifest? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Farrell
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a card manifest of the Events somewhere? My Athenian deck seems to be short 3 cards, and they seem to be all events (the other counts add up with the numbers on the reference sheets). Unfortunately the Event cards don't seem to be enumerated anywhere, unlike the Prepare cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fristrom
United States
Watertown
Unspecified
flag msg tools
There should be five Athenian event cards; here they are.

(This is taken from a manifest Ian sent me when I was running a pre-release Play by Forum game, so I guess there is a chance it isn't final, but I would be surprised if there were any changes. Ian, I'm assuming that now the game is out you won't mind me posting this. If you do mind, let me know and I'll take it down.)

Ancient ally, sister democracy If there is a friendly Hoplite or Bribery token in Argos, place a City and a Hoplite in Argos.

How are we to cure these folk of their warlike frenzy? Every power must discard 1 card from its draw deck. Gain 2 Victory Points.

Helots attracted to the occupation of Pylos If there is a friendly Hoplite or Bribery token in Messenia, place a City in Messenia.

Surrender of the Spartan army in Sphacteria Remove an enemy Hoplite in Messenia; then muster a Hoplite in Messenia.

Nine out of the ten Lacedaemonian ships lost at Arginusae Muster a Trireme in or adjacent to the Icarian Sea; then battle the Icarian Sea or an adjacent Sea space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Farrell
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to contact PSC for replacements. I'm the designer on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Farrell
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Already done. But I'd like to make up a few proxies so I can play while I wait

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Benson
United Kingdom
Cheadle
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably a silly question, but have you checked in the other decks? When I unwrapped my cards the two packs of cards were split such that one pack contained two colours except all but about 3 cards, which were in the deck with the other two colours. Preumably done to make the two packs equal size, but it may at first glance appear that they are missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Farrell
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I did notice that. Cards have been double-inventoried and there are definitively 3 missing. About half of my Athenian deck was also mis-cut, one (and only one) of the corners was square and not rounded. Definitely something went awry with my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IanBrody wrote:
You have to contact PSC for replacements. I'm the designer on this one.

Ian, PSC is taking their time to respond. This isn't so much of a complaint, just a statement, because I expect it. Judging from other Kickstarter experiences in the past (Generic, not PSG), PSG will probably finish shipping to everybody. Then take a week off. THEN ship replacement copies. Which means I get a full game in like 3 weeks.

Which is painful because it looks super awesome. It was easier to be patient when I didn't have the box in front of me. Must be patient. Must be Patient!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Farrell
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PSC actually replied to my request very quickly (it was actually within just a few minutes, since I was up late). No idea when I'll get the cards though My understanding was that the Kickstarter copies were air shipped to get them out in time so I don't know how many replacement parts are available.

In my case I can proxy up a few cards to make the game playable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does seem like PSC's quality control issues continue rather than being limited to TGW. I bought into this KS and two others (Hold the Line and Battle of Britain) . . . I will definitely reserve judgement till myself and a larger portion of the customer base have their copies, but so far my confidence is not high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that's frustrating then. Because I haven't heard anything from PSC at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will from PSC just left back for the UK this morning from GenCon.

I'm pretty sure that within a few days he'll get back to everyone who has emailed him.

As someone who struggles with the many ways people contact me, I think the right answer is to email them. I have no idea what the normal response time in the game world is. I try to answer right away, but sometimes between BGG, FB, KS, email it's hard to organize.

But I'm sure it will all be sorted shortly. I know in the e-world of immediate response even a few hours seems like forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I forgot about Gencon. I'm sure that's got him busy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PSC games
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
@Felix Rodriguez - yes Gencon, with making sure all the VoD Kickstarter shipping was done before I got to Gencon has kept a small company very busy. I haven't had any messages from you? Best point of contact to me is info@theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange. I messaged you in both bgg and kickstarter. Just sent you e-mail.

Too many ways to contact people!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus Lee
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not an individual case. My copy also lacks three event cards in the Athen deck.
My three missing cards (according to the above manifest) are:
How are we to cure these folk of their warlike frenzy?
Helots attracted to the occupation of Pylos
Surrender of the Spartan army in Sphacteria

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just got back off holiday and opened the game which was waiting for me.

I appear to have the correct number of cards for each faction EXCEPT the Corinthian (purple) deck, which has only 42 cards instead of 43.

In that deck I have:

Event cards: 8
Status cards: 4
Prepare cards: 17
Muster Trireme: 4
Muster hoplite: 4
Sea battle: 2
Land battle : 3

Without a card manifest / card numbering, it's of course impossible to tell which one I'm missing.

I'd strongly recommend PSC puts numbers on the cards in any future printing, or for other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You seem to be short one Sea Battle according to the Player Mat shown in this PBF thread.

I agree about the card numbering, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tycho wrote:
You seem to be short one Sea Battle according to the Player Mat shown in this PBF thread.

Thanks! Perfect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus Lee
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just received the replacement deck. Great service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tycho wrote:

Well, after contacting PSC I received the missing card yesterday - that represents excellent service in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.