BattleCON: War of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: BattleCHAT Episode 1 - The Best Base and Why rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, everyone! I have a new series up. One that's way easier to do than a BattleGUIDES/TIPS, and will come out more regularly!

Do give me feedback if you like it (or even if you don't)! ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Daniels
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right. 'Burst' IS the best Base in the game. It's versatility goes beyond just an attack since you can combine it with various character styles to have it as a primary (or secondary) defensive option. It's so flexible that I'm not sure there is a good argument for it coming in second. I guess, depending on the specific set-up for any given beat it can manage as a weak-sister to Dash, but overall, it's so much more useful, IMO. Especially when you consider the power of the 'corner cross' when combined with certain Style effects.

Excellent first episode in this new format (looks far easier to manage). Hoping to see much more as THIS is where the meat of the game really is; in the meta-analysis.

I'm wondering what your thoughts on the initial first-beat start positions are. 3-7 or 4-6? I realize that the official change has the start in a more aggressive position but has this really born out for a better game (I really don't know. We tend to roll at the beginning of each match to see what the start positions will be and then we have to adapt accordingly)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lindelos wrote:
You're right. 'Burst' IS the best Base in the game. It's versatility goes beyond just an attack since you can combine it with various character styles to have it as a primary (or secondary) defensive option. It's so flexible that I'm not sure there is a good argument for it coming in second. I guess, depending on the specific set-up for any given beat it can manage as a weak-sister to Dash, but overall, it's so much more useful, IMO. Especially when you consider the power of the 'corner cross' when combined with certain Style effects.

Excellent first episode in this new format (looks far easier to manage). Hoping to see much more as THIS is where the meat of the game really is; in the meta-analysis.

I'm wondering what your thoughts on the initial first-beat start positions are. 3-7 or 4-6? I realize that the official change has the start in a more aggressive position but has this really born out for a better game (I really don't know. We tend to roll at the beginning of each match to see what the start positions will be and then we have to adapt accordingly)?

Nice analysis! I totally agree.

The mere fact that it forces people to have an answer is atrocious. Range and Movement don't come easy, especially when compared to Power/Priority/Stun Guard. Just goes to show how much the Dodge is insane.

Thank you for the kind words. I do love me some meta analysis. I'll try to get into that more.

As for the starting positions, that could be a topic for a video indeed! Thanks for the suggestion. Long story short, though, I prefer the new starting positions (3 and 5) for a multitude of reasons. Mostly because in the old positions, almost everyone started the game with Strike and Grasp in discard, because Range/Movement isn't easily accessible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.