$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My version of the rules for the 'Targeting' variant states that "The players Vote on both the Leader's proposed Mission and Team." Does that mean that there's one round of voting, or are there two? If there are two, what happens if the Mission is approved and then the Team is rejected? Does the new leader get to choose a new Mission?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't mean you vote on them separately, there's a single vote for the leader's chosen team and mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How do you know this? Is there an official clarification that I missed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Wong
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The creator of this game plays with us in this PBF, and he never said anything, when a group played it as BlackSheep played it.
https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/389152/resistance/play-forum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Wong
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that your interpretation of the rules is interesting, and it might be worth trying, but the rebels wouldn't gain any new information, if I understand correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh

Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmb
eugenetswong wrote:
I think that your interpretation of the rules is interesting, and it might be worth trying, but the rebels wouldn't gain any new information, if I understand correctly.

You'd have to determine what happens if the team is approved but the mission isn't (and vice versa). Does the mission leader pass to the next player? Or does the mission leader get another chance to choose a mission that the group likes?

This opens up the potential for many more rounds of voting, which imbalances the game in favor of the resistance. Because of this, I wouldn't play with this variant...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Wong
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the mission isn't approved, while the team is, then I'd prefer having the leader choose another mission, and keep doing so, until the last choice or until he gets approval. Of course, that would mean removing or adding players to fit the mission requirements, so maybe this won't work at all.

On the other hand, maybe they can require the leader to propose the mission first, and then choose a team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.