Subject: Pixel tactics question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Garcia
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Hey all,

I just picked up the deluxe pixel tactics box and I'm expecting 1,2, and 3 in the mail. I did research prior to getting the game and I get the bare basics of it (still going through the rule book), but I'm a little confused about how to build a deck. Are decks totally custom, or can you use only certain cards together? I noticed that in my box there are cards with a blue color and a red color, so I'm assuming those are the two teams. But then that makes me wonder what I can do with the other cards that don't match.

I'd appreciate some help! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
You're much more likely to get a response over here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved Thread
Moved this thread to the Pixel Tactics Deluxe forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonJ0 wrote:
You're much more likely to get a response over here.
And yet...nearly a week later...

Pete (has the game in shrink wrap and would have liked to know the answer)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Cooley
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The green back cards (if you have any) are promos. If you're playing with any, the rules for them are on page 22 of the PT Deluxe Rulebook.

Purple back cards are Chase Leaders/HD leaders. Basically they're identical to the leader side of the card with the matching name, so if you have one of those red/blue cards as your leader, you can swap it for the purple backed one and it looks cooler. No effect on gameplay. (Also page 22)

The blue and red cards are the ones that you make decks out of. For "Standard" format, you can have only one copy of any given card, and your deck must be 25-30 cards. For "Epic" you can have up to 3 copies of a card, and your deck must be 60-80 cards. (Page 11)

You need to either use all blue or all red in your deck, or you can mix if you sleeve with opaque sleeves. (Page 12).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.