Subject: Spending action markers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kamil Łukasik
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused about the "flow" of the action markers (the phrasing "up to 5" confuses me). The manual says:

Quote:
Each turn consists of up to 5 separate actions. Players should use the 5 provided action markers to keep track of their own actions or those of their opponent. For every action taken, slide one action marker
to the middle of the table.
Important bonus:
If a player ends their turn with 2 or more action markers remaining, they gain 1 gold as a reward.

So if player A spends only 3 actions and chooses to keep his remaining 2 actions (for the purposes of gaining bonus gold):

1) does the player B start his next turn with only 3 markers (those passed by player A?)
2) or do players always start every turn with 5 markers at their disposal and the phrasing "up to 5" simply means that they can always choose to do less than 5 actions?

Hope this makes sense .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
Why did Dracula become a bank? To deal with suckers every day!
mbmbmbmbmb
warlock000 wrote:
I'm confused about the "flow" of the action markers (the phrasing "up to 5" confuses me). The manual says:

Quote:
Each turn consists of up to 5 separate actions. Players should use the 5 provided action markers to keep track of their own actions or those of their opponent. For every action taken, slide one action marker
to the middle of the table.
Important bonus:
If a player ends their turn with 2 or more action markers remaining, they gain 1 gold as a reward.

So if player A spends only 3 actions and choses to keep his remaining 2 actions (for the purposes of gaining bonus gold):

1) does the player B start his next turn with only 3 markers (those passed by player A?)
2) or do players always start every turn with 5 markers at their disposal and the phrasing "up to 5" simply means that they can always chose to do less than 5 actions?

Hope this makes sense .

It makes sense. Those action markers frustrate me, too.

Option #2 in your list is the correct answer. Players begin their turn with the choice of playing up to five markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil Łukasik
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.