Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Barnard
Finland
Espoo
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

There seem to be a few posts here related to my question, but (maybe it's just me being stupid) I'm not sure they answer it satisfactorily:

If I am at the end of the Emplyment track (for example), and I activate a building which would give me +1 employment, which is also adjacent to another building that rewards me with +1 employment when I activate an adjacent building - do I get the +3 prestige reward for going off the Employment track once, or twice? In other words, are all the similar track bonuses added together and done as one movement, or do thy trigger separately?

Whatever the answer is to this question, does it also apply to constructing buildings and construction bonuses together? Or immediate effects and construction bonuses together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Boaventura
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One time for activation. One time for construction effect. One time for immediate effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jackbarnard wrote:
Hi,

There seem to be a few posts here related to my question, but (maybe it's just me being stupid) I'm not sure they answer it satisfactorily:

If I am at the end of the Emplyment track (for example), and I activate a building which would give me +1 employment, which is also adjacent to another building that rewards me with +1 employment when I activate an adjacent building - do I get the +3 prestige reward for going off the Employment track once, or twice? In other words, are all the similar track bonuses added together and done as one movement, or do thy trigger separately?

Whatever the answer is to this question, does it also apply to constructing buildings and construction bonuses together? Or immediate effects and construction bonuses together?
Hey Jack,

First of all, let's have the FAQ from the designer:
thiagbs wrote:
THE CAPITALS – FAQ/Errata 2.0 – Variants and Tips - English (US):

TRACK MOVEMENT

Q: When a building activation generates a permanent effect from another building already in play, do you have to follow any specific order to execute or apply all the effects?

A: The active and passive effects from a building activation happen simultaneously, as if they were only one effect (a "super activation", if you will). Thus, the player may advance or retreat the corresponding city tracks in the order he or she prefers.

Q: During the Building Phase, do the construction effects ("Wrench" symbol) happen at the same time as the immediate effects ("Exclamation mark")?

A: They do not happen at the same time. Also, the player is always free to decide the order in which his City Tracks will advance or retreat. There is no exception to this rule! The player always chooses the desired order.

If two distinct effects give you +1 Employment, you apply them twice, in the order of your choice, thus you get +3 VP twice. Nevertheless, if a single effect gives you +2 Employment, then you'll only get once +3 VP.

Rulebook, p. 12 wrote:
The red arrow symbols at the beginning and end of the Tracks indicate that every time a player moves one of their Player Markers beyond the final space of that Track, they will gain or lose Prestige Tokens or other resources according to the symbols presented there. The Player Marker will remain in the same space instead of moving off the Track. These points are awarded only once each time a player would move off the Track, regardless of how many spaces the player would move off the Track.

Only the extra taxation occurs multiple times, as much as needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Barnard
Finland
Espoo
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.