7 Posts

T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: Asylum location 17 [Heavy Spoilers!] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giorin Grünforst
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our last session left us so completely confused we quit the game.

We had a series of problems with location 17, part of which are rules questions we would like to be solved before trying again.

The following is only to people who have run the whole game.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

1. We entered 17 from the outside because we still had the plan from a previous run.
2. We fought all monsters in the tunnel.
3. We did not have all pentagrams so we were not able to solve the puzzle.
4. We entered the cave to fight the monsters there.
5. We ended up in the restaurant only to be told this is a dead end - no further details given.

What left us confused: We could not go back to the crossroads with the doors - at least not playing by the rules. Returning to location 17 would have meant to go back to the corridor from the outside. We would have to fight all the monsters again. That did not make sense, so we quit.

1. Is there any rule or scenario hint we failed toe see that would have prevented us from doing the same corridor with the same monsters from the outside again?
2. What should we have done after ending up in the dead end? A totally different location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Steinberger
Germany
Taunusstein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rulebook with me, but I think and says that defeated monsters are meant to be ignored for the rest of the run and only being put back into the location decks after the run. So you don't have to fight them all over again.
Other than that, this is indeed a very frustating dead end but it't not the only one in the scenario
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Zork
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Giorin wrote:

1. We entered 17 from the outside because we still had the plan from a previous run.

[...]

1. Is there any rule or scenario hint we failed toe see that would have prevented us from doing the same corridor with the same monsters from the outside again?

Only elements with the agency logo stay. I do not remember that some fragments of the map outside the asylum stays from one run to another.

Giorin wrote:

2. What should we have done after ending up in the dead end? A totally different location?

Right. You can access directly any location visible on the map. If it written in red, you have to pay 2 extra TU when you leave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 12 wrote:
Defeating an opponent
When you eliminate an opponent’s last shield, it is defeated and its card is removed from the game until a possible next run. (Place its card next to the board so that you can easily find it for the next run.) If you later come back to this same location on the current run, the enemy will no longer be there.
Note that from this point on, the panorama will be visually incomplete.
and
Page 18, RULES YOU MAY FORGET wrote:
When you eliminate an opponent’s last shield, it is vanquished and its card is removed from the game until a possible future run. If you return later during the same run, it will therefore no longer be there. Note that the panorama will be visually incomplete from that point on.

Page 10, under LOCATION CHANGE wrote:
2. Choose a new location
Your destination can be any location written on the general PLAN.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giorin Grünforst
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much, especially for the rules reminders. Indeed that were rules "you might did forget".

The point about the panorama helps, too - it was for this reason that I rejected the idea to put the cards aside!

But one thing remains true: You have to go through the corridor again from the outside - though with the monsters gone. Still feels strange you cannot go back, but I am happy we now can have another go! (In fact our 4th... though I know that is not meant to be)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have to retrace your steps, just move the team pawn to, and open, any named location showing on the plan.

Good luck Agent.

(It's especially important to remember to remove defeated enemies in APoD.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Zork
Location 17 has the logo (it is in the inside)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.