$30.00
Marcel S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there

a friend's birthday is coming up at the end of the month and I'm not quite sure, whether Codenames would be a good choice. He's more of a casual gamer and likes games like Wizard, Munchkin and most recently Concept. He likes to explain the terms in this game,(though not always very clear to the other players due to too many cubes on the board ) and he enjoys the game very much.

So, would Codenames be a good choice for him?

Thank you in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simona Dostalova
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deffinitely! Great choice! Just make sure you play before you really start with the drinking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandra M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everybody* I've introduced Codenames to has literally written down the name and made plans to buy it. As far as I can tell, it appeals to everyone. I'd say it's a yes!

*Okay, not literally everybody, but I've played it with four different groups, and at least 1 person has written down the name each time, and I know of at least 3 purchases that have been made. it's been a smash hit everywhere I've brought it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leach
United Kingdom
Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We haven't played Concept ever since we got Codenames. I still keep it around because as a graphic designer I'm fascinated with the idea of breaking things down into abstract pieces.

Codenames has more 'ah-ha!' moments which are more rewarding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all of you!
I just bought a copy of Codenames for his birthday.cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GANDON François
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Codenames is great for EVERYONE! - that they like Concept... or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Concept is far superior. I am done with Codenames, but I still enjoy the challenge of Concept.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think so yes. I like Concept and I like Codenames and I am happy to own both. I also think Dixit could be a good option.

I do think the original version of Codenames is the best. The words part helps to separate it from Concept which is very picture focused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.