Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timo Sand
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

We've been confused by cards like Blindfold, Bold Haggler and all the Chameleon cards.

The rules say that a cards printed value always is the one counted when buying cards. This would imply that Bold Haggler and Blindfold do not modify the buying "power" of a card, but instead the stack building value.
For clarification: is a cards buying power always it's own printed value or whatever value after modifications through dice or copies etc.?

Which leads me to my second question. Copying any card with a Chameleon card changes the Chameleon card to the color, animalfolk, effect and value as the card that was copied, forgoing any other attributes of the original Chameleon card, except for Good Old Times and the Market Deck discard.
So this copy could now be used to build a stack, f.ex. Seeing Doubles copies Dirty Exchange from your hand and then you build a stack of 8 with these two cards, is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards override rules. Bold Haggler and Blindfold modify card value for all purposes, both buying and building.

Yes to your second question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deiga wrote:
Hey,

We've been confused by cards like Blindfold, Bold Haggler and all the Chameleon cards.

The rules say that a cards printed value always is the one counted when buying cards. This would imply that Bold Haggler and Blindfold do not modify the buying "power" of a card, but instead the stack building value.

For clarification: is a cards buying power always it's own printed value or whatever value after modifications through dice or copies etc.?

I don't know where you get the word "always" from? My rulebook says the following: "Your cards are worth their printed value when used to purchase new ones" (page 6). The word "printed" is another reason for this confusion. My wild guess is that the word was added because of the chameleons. Anyway, like Mikko said, the card rules overrule the normal rules.

Here are some clarifications. The number on the card is just "a value". There are no such things like "a buying power" or "a stack building value". The card effects which modify the value tell when and how that can happen. I see that some effects may give an impression about different kind of values. For example, the squirrel card Accordion says "When you build a stack with this card, you may add or subtract 1 from this card's value". I think this card text is fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.