Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to assume this is a prank, if not, it may be the greatest thing I have ever seen on kickstarter. Complete with trigger warnings..

Quote:

About this project
Dating apps should be about you

There are no mainstream dating apps that cater to the entire gender spectrum and serve all sexual orientations (including not having one). Marginalized and underrepresented communities are not being served in the mainstream apps available. What's worse is that the apps that attempt inclusion allow their users to be harassed, stalked, outed, triggered, and just generally treated without respect or compassion.

That ends with Sapiens, the (R)evolutionary Dating App you've been looking for.

Quote:
Sapiens is moving beyond the binary and recognizing that gender is complex and unique. We created the Gender Matrix so you never have to simplify yourself.

The Gender Matrix is an expanded Venn diagram that offers over 100 gender identity and presentation combinations to choose from. Equally as important, each section of the diagram offers ’Questioning’ if you are still exploring, or ‘Person’ if you don’t like labels. Select your correct pronouns from an extensive list to be shown on your profile and in chats and all of these options can be updated as you need them to be. The Gender Matrix allows you to represent yourself to potential matches with pinpoint accuracy.

Quote:
Everyone deserves to feel safe and in control of their dating experience. Sapiens helps make that possible.

The Trigger Warning System allows you to set words and phrases you don’t want to encounter in your conversations. Sapiens automatically filters and blocks the phrases you set from all incoming messages. Sometimes, however, even safe messages can become a burden. Thus, Sapiens gives you the ability to limit how many times you can be messaged before you respond, cutting users off if they continue to bother you.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sapiens/new-gender-incl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised it took this long, it seems like a no-brainer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
In a world where Christian Mingle exists to pick up Gods slack anythnig is possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They've got a website too. If they're not serious they're really, really committed to the joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty soon people are going to need a dating App selection App.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When there were men and women I had difficulties to seduce women and now I have first to find what I'm on in 100 genders ??!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see it. Finding the right match is tough. We've sort of papered over the intricacies in the past.

Finding matches for strong and masculine and also FLRish are tough even tho its a common pattern.

And that's only a tiny part of a successful relationship. So many moving parts. And the rules change with jobs, children, religion, and personality changes over the years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
Using that app is a very fast and convenient way to get charged with rape.

If you are so afraid of being accused of rape, maybe you should think about why. It's really not that hard. You need consent from someone able to give consent or you don't have sex with that person. How bloody hard is that for you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Current Triggers:
Climate Change
Trump
Benghazi
#AllLivesMatter
Bitcoin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Current Triggers:

Bike riding after midnight
dumpsters
frat houses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
I give people that have a "list of triggers" a wide berth. You are free to have your own strategies for not getting falsely accused of crimes.

If beginning accused of rape is a recurring problem/worry for you, I don't think it's false accusations you're concerned about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:

Current Triggers:
People with lists of triggers
Getting falsely accused of crimes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was single I would've used this over the standard places I used.

I'm glad that's hilarious, I guess!

The "trigger warning" stuff is poorly named, but being able to block random dick pics and "hey wats up" is pretty key for dating sites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy, why would you assume this is a prank?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
Not even falsely accused once. I give credit to my ability to spot the hyperoffendable and entrapment artists from long distances. I don't want to say "nice sweater" to someone and then be brought in for questioning.

My father used to say when I was a kid words of wisdom like, "If you see someone who is constantly worried about people possibly stealing from him, watch him; he's a thief." Now I tend to generalize and modify this idea. If someone if worried all the time about some sort of crime, I say, then that person will have a reason to; either the person is a past victim of such a crime, is very close to someone who was, or is a perpetrator him- or herself. By your own admission, you're not a victim.

So are you close to someone who was a victim in past?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
whac3 wrote:
hyperbolus wrote:
Not even falsely accused once. I give credit to my ability to spot the hyperoffendable and entrapment artists from long distances. I don't want to say "nice sweater" to someone and then be brought in for questioning.

My father used to say when I was a kid words of wisdom like, "If you see someone who is constantly worried about people possibly stealing from him, watch him; he's a thief." Now I tend to generalize and modify this idea. If someone if worried all the time about some sort of crime, I say, then that person will have a reason to; either the person is a past victim of such a crime, is very close to someone who was, or is a perpetrator him- or herself. By your own admission, you're not a victim.

So are you close to someone who was a victim in past?

If you are dealing out victim cards I will take one of each! I need them as wards of protection from Trust and Safety council, the feminist version of the sharia police on Twitter.

Kudos on rolling Islamophobia into your post, you're really hitting your two high note range strongly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed the project due to the OP. (Sure, just for a dollar. And it won't fund, so it's a fake dollar. But still!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McVey
United States
SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
I'm surprised it took this long, it seems like a no-brainer.

WTF would they be raising the money on KS, rather than trolling Menlo Park for angel money and then trying to get picked up by Match?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
whac3 wrote:
hyperbolus wrote:
Using that app is a very fast and convenient way to get charged with rape.

If you are so afraid of being accused of rape, maybe you should think about why. It's really not that hard. You need consent from someone able to give consent or you don't have sex with that person. How bloody hard is that for you?

I give people that have a "list of triggers" a wide berth. You are free to have your own strategies for not getting falsely accused of crimes.

That might be useful information to share with the women in your neighborhood. I imagine there could even be an entrepreneurial aspect, like selling a line of tee-shirts that say, "I have a list of triggers."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.