$30.00
Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
58 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: It has arrived!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Now open the damn thing! We need to see it!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Now open the damn thing! We need to see it!


I'm on that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Some tiles
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS got mine in but can't sell it to me until tomorrow. ITS TOO FAR AWAY haha tomorrow... tomorrow... I'll have it... tomorrow... it's only a day away!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


And more.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Eye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Marvelous stuff.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good on you, mate.

Running a solo session today?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Edwards
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: It has arrived!!!
He bid me to look through the window into the dining room beyond, and that was where I saw it. So ardent was my desire for it that it felt as though long months had passed since I first read of it, not one short week. Some might have seen merely a box, a prettily decorated box, upon the table, but those who had mined the rich seam of rumours of the mysteries it might contain could see only a deep well of promise.

I confess, dear reader, that at this point I became uncharacteristically excitable as an unseemly jealousy rose within my breast. They could not have it, not yet, the prophecy said it was not due until another night had passed. Crazed with yearning, my mind came to a stern resolve. They would not have it. I would have it. My desperation tinged eyes scoured the ground beneath the window, latching onto a sizeable stone, which I grabbed in my fevered hands. Yes, it had weight enough. I raised my arm and launched my missile towards the window…
32 
 Thumb up
3.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


I seem to have four extra rioters, and have four large bases rather than two and am missing two small.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Edwards
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Another little bonus for some of us – not having to paint the cultists again.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cloud64 wrote:
He bid me to look through the window into the dining room beyond, and that was where I saw it. So ardent was my desire for it that it felt as though long months had passed since I first read of it, not one short week. Some might have seen merely a box, a prettily decorated box, upon the table, but those who had mined the rich seam of rumours of the mysteries it might contain could see only a deep well of promise.

I confess, dear reader, that at this point I became uncharacteristically excitable as an unseemly jealousy rose within my breast. They could not have it, not yet, the prophecy said it was not due until another night had passed. Crazed with yearning, my mind came to a stern resolve. They would not have it. I would have it. My desperation tinged eyes scoured the ground beneath the window, latching onto a sizeable stone, which I grabbed in my fevered hands. Yes, it had weight enough. I raised my arm and launched my missile towards the window…


Great response, loved it. You might have some trouble looking into my dining room window as I am in a flat on the first floor; without causing suspicion.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eatshootsandleafs wrote:


I seem to have four extra rioters, and have four large bases rather than two and am missing two small.


The Horror! This sounds like a replay of Star Wars:Rebellion where there were lots of missing components, and delays while FFG dealt with the backlog of missing parts requests. Maybe I am being unduly pessimistic. I hope so, and to be fair FFG did sort everything out eventually, even if it too a while. Beware though and check your inventories carefully.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eatshootsandleafs wrote:
cloud64 wrote:
He bid me to look through the window into the dining room beyond, and that was where I saw it. So ardent was my desire for it that it felt as though long months had passed since I first read of it, not one short week. Some might have seen merely a box, a prettily decorated box, upon the table, but those who had mined the rich seam of rumours of the mysteries it might contain could see only a deep well of promise.

I confess, dear reader, that at this point I became uncharacteristically excitable as an unseemly jealousy rose within my breast. They could not have it, not yet, the prophecy said it was not due until another night had passed. Crazed with yearning, my mind came to a stern resolve. They would not have it. I would have it. My desperation tinged eyes scoured the ground beneath the window, latching onto a sizeable stone, which I grabbed in my fevered hands. Yes, it had weight enough. I raised my arm and launched my missile towards the window…


Great response, loved it. You might have some trouble looking into my dining room window as I am in a flat on the first floor; without causing suspicion.


He could simply spread his dark bat like wings and fly upwards to lurk by your window.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Edwards
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: It has arrived
eatshootsandleafs wrote:

Great response, loved it. You might have some trouble looking into my dining room window as I am in a flat on the first floor; without causing suspicion.


I threw the stone, hard to get the necessary height, and true to ensure my crime could be quickly committed before any alarm was raised. The test was passed, the window shattered. I looked for my companion to hoist me once more to the window, but the craven coward had scarpered. Drawing on my time scrambling on mountain rocks with my old chum Mallory, I used the cracks between the wall's weathered blocks to claw my way up to my violently opened ingress.

--
Thanks for your kind words. And thanks for the photos. They give me an idea of what to prep for. Am working out a tile sorting system at the mo for quick finding. I can fill a few more rows out.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Eye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Damn, those Star Spawns are huge!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eatshootsandleafs wrote:


I seem to have four extra rioters, and have four large bases rather than two and am missing two small.


I believe rioters go in the large bases at three per base. That might solve your issues.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cloud64 wrote:
Another little bonus for some of us – not having to paint the cultists again.


Lol, that would be great, but unfortunately, the cultists are the only monsters from the 3, 1st ed. boxes I have yet to finish painting.whistle

Really wish we would have gotten new mini's instead of a bunch more cultists, but I realize those are for the folks that never got in on round one.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Horner
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the six small humans make up two Riot monsters, and are attached three each to the large bases.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Edwards
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
cloud64 wrote:
Another little bonus for some of us – not having to paint the cultists again.


Lol, that would be great, but unfortunately, the cultists are the only monsters from the 3, 1st ed. boxes I have yet to finish painting.whistle

It's most of CoW left for me. Meant to get started on that again today, but not quite managed to yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I tried to make the cultists really fancy, and just got tired of painting all the details. I may paint the news ones up with a simple brown or black robe look and make it easy on myself. Now I really need to get busy on the investigators, I never even started on them!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooray!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Edwards
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
Yeah, I tried to make the cultists really fancy, and just got tired of painting all the details. I may paint the news ones up with a simple brown or black robe look and make it easy on myself. Now I really need to get busy on the investigators, I never even started on them!


My cultists are red, and it's just occurred to me that I could make the new ones yellow, ready for any King in Yellow Scenarios, and if I ever play that 1st ed scenario again.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Left hand side 2nd edition. Right hand side 1st edition.

The coasters are separating the two.

I know they are not great images, they were taken with my iPad.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jlhorner1974 wrote:
Yes, the six small humans make up two Riot monsters, and are attached three each to the large bases.


Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.