Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom McVey
United States
SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here. Whitman was a former GOP candidate for Governor of CA, as well as her CEO gigs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why Donny's spat with KHAANNNNN! is so stupid, this will lose hi support across the board.

Getting some vet to give him a purple heart will not assuage this sense of revolution even conservatives feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
“I will vote for Hillary, I will talk to my Republican friends about helping her, and I will donate to her campaign and try to raise money for her,” Ms. Whitman said in a telephone interview.

She revealed that Mrs. Clinton, the Democratic nominee, had reached out to her in a phone call about a month ago, one of the first indications that Mrs. Clinton is aggressively courting Republican leaders. While acknowledging she diverged from Mrs. Clinton on many policy issues, Ms. Whitman said it was time for Republicans “to put country first before party.”

Using remarkably blunt language, she argued that the election of Mr. Trump, whom she called “a dishonest demagogue,” could lead the country “on a very dangerous journey.” She noted that democracies had seldom lasted longer than a few hundred years and warned that those who say that “it can’t happen here” are being naïve.

Ms. Whitman also said she “absolutely” stood by her comments at a private gathering of Republican donors this year comparing Mr. Trump to Hitler and Mussolini, explaining that dictators often come to office through democratic means.

“Time and again history has shown that when demagogues have gotten power or come close to getting power, it usually does not end well,” Ms. Whitman said. She asserted that Mr. Trump had already “undermined the character of the nation.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
This is why Donny's spat with KHAANNNNN! is so stupid, this will lose hi support across the board.

Getting some vet to give him a purple heart will not assuage this sense of revolution even conservatives feel.

I think you were going for "revulsion".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
She's not a REAL Republican in 3... 2... 1...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

I think you were going for "revulsion".
Yes, but the other also seems appropriate in a way.

I think we may see a revolution, but not the one Trumpists think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Wait I thought Donny was not a real Republican, and what are all these bloody Scotsmen doing here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:

that happened long ago. She is a Progressive RHINO. back in 2010 http://tpartyus2010.ning.com/profiles/blogs/meg-whitman-just...

This says a lot about Hillary that her pro war and big spending agenda has attracted the neo-cons back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

that happened long ago. She is a Progressive RHINO. back in 2010 http://tpartyus2010.ning.com/profiles/blogs/meg-whitman-just...

This says a lot about Hillary that her pro war and big spending agenda has attracted the neo-cons back.
Like Pence you mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Amazing, isn't it? Someone speaking their own mind, making their own decision, and crossing party lines for intellectual reasons, all of their own volition.

What the fuck is wrong with America?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First actual GOP congress person to announce Hillary vote:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politics/richard-hanna-voting-...

Of course, he is retiring, so he doesn't have much to lose other than his "legacy".

(And he is from NY)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
crossing party lines for intellectual reasons

Thanks for the lulz ! Ever notice that Democrats love to speak about how intellectual they are. It never fails.

Hillary has moved so far to the right, she is now picking up the "intellectual" neocons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

What the fuck is wrong with America?

It seems that some republicans are growing a pair and deciding to get in touch with the America of the 1990s.

Now they are only about 25 years out of date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me nah play no 'ide and seek
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:

What I love is the constant attempt to enforce ideological purity in a party which, to the best of my knowledge, not a single person in RSP actively ascribes allegiance.

Seriously, who will figuratively stand up and say "I am proud to be a Republican"? Heck, McSpiffy might actually claim membership of the Republican Party, even if he's not exactly proud of its current state - and for this staggering breach of tribalism, all of our not-Republicans have voted him off Conservative Isle. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Aren't arguments about purity just sidestepping the point?

To win a general election you need just about all of your own party plus a decent slice of independents.

If moderate members of your own party are voting for the other side (and not just not voting) your're generally well and truly stuffed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
myopia wrote:
Aren't arguments about purity just sidestepping the point?

To win a general election you need just about all of your own party plus a decent slice of independents.

If moderate members of your own party are voting for the other side (and not just not voting) your're generally well and truly stuffed.

They're sidestepping the point if you care about winning general elections. Lately the Republican Party has seemed more concerned with ideological purity, deluding themselves that they only lost to Obama because they didn't nominate a True Conservative and driving deeper into the ditch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
toku42 wrote:
What I love is the constant attempt to enforce ideological purity in a party which, to the best of my knowledge, not a single person in RSP actively ascribes allegiance.

"Not a member of any party" is the fastest growing party in the US.

I'm just surprised how many here actually will claim allegiance to the thoroughly corrupt and unprincipled Democratic Party.

Or convince me otherwise.

Meh, to me the refusal to accept the moniker "Republican" just feels like a cheap cop-out so that people can disassociate themselves from the roaring tire fire that is the modern Republican Party while supporting most every single position, policy and candidate that the GOP supports (Trump excluded).

At least us Democrats are willingly to publicly identify with the thoroughly corrupt and unprincipled party to which we offer our slavish devotion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:

Meh, to me the refusal to accept the moniker "Republican" just feels like a cheap cop-out so that people can disassociate themselves from the roaring tire fire that is the modern Republican Party while supporting most every single position, policy and candidate that the GOP supports (Trump excluded).

At least us Democrats are willingly to publicly identify with the thoroughly corrupt and unprincipled party to which we offer our slavish devotion.

It's classic message board politicking. By not specifically aligning themselves with a party, they give themselves an 'out' when someone from that party commits a particularly vile offense down the line. They can play the "he's not one of mine!" card, even if they were basically gargling that guy's balls up until he made an uh-oh.

This game has gotten especially good in regards to Trump and conservatives. They'll pay lip service to not supporting him, while putting in a stunning amount of effort to defend him from critics and play the "but Hillary did X!" game when he's put on blast. It's like you're watching a real-time struggle between their last shreds of their core values, and their never-ending hate priapism for Clinton.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Alright, let's drop the stakes down from being "proud" to be a Republican.

Is there a Republican in the building?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ragebonered Party ID in the age of RSP:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

Honestly, I feel like you are just trying to reassure yourself sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Really?

And how many Republicans are publicly stating they are now backing Hillary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Trump is visiting Wisconsin today, and the top three GOP politicians there have decided to skip his rally.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2016/08/03/walke...

Slater is not the one needing reassurance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.