16 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » News

Subject: new Android game from FFG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anson Ng
msg tools
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/new-angeles/

"New Angeles is a board game of corporate greed and machinations for four to six players set in the Android universe.

You and your friends each take the reins of a powerful megacorporation. You cut deals and forge temporary alliances to gain leverage and financial superiority over your corporate rivals. All the while, you need to keep a finger on the pulse of the city."

Looks interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: new Android Netrunner game from FFG
It might be more accurate to say "new Android game", since Netrunner is an Android game and New Angeles is an Android game, but New Angeles is not a Netrunner game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danwarr
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The press release says this is available for demo at GenCon, so hopefully we can get some more info on it.

It looks very interesting, though the 4-player minimum might be a bit of a turn-off for some.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Longer description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Lukas revamped Monopoly?

I'd consider that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aweberman wrote:
It might be more accurate to say "new Android game", since Netrunner is an Android game and New Angeles is an Android game, but New Angeles is not a Netrunner game.

+1!

People forget that there was a rich Android universe years before Netrunner, with two successful games (one designed by the designer of dominion, no less), novels, a viral marketing campaign, etc.

Netunner fans referring to the Android universe as "Netrunner" is like saying "America" is USA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anson Ng
msg tools
Aweberman wrote:

edited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anson Ng
msg tools
Danwarr wrote:
The press release says this is available for demo at GenCon, so hopefully we can get some more info on it.

It looks very interesting, though the 4-player minimum might be a bit of a turn-off for some.

very intriguing indeed. has traitor and negotiations as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the Android universe. I even bought the art book and am thoroughly enjoying all of the backstory. So far none of the games are doing it for me, however. Android wouldn't ever get played since it's too long and too mean. Infiltration looks to be too simple, although I'm considering giving it a try. Netrunner is awesome, but I get to play it only rarely. I was super excited to learn about this new one, but wheeling and dealing isn't really my bag. Maybe I'd better learn to enjoy it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Gravett
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So on board. The Android setting does something for me that not a lot of other cyberpunk settings do, it can be a Star Trek-like lens with which to view our own society through. Most cyberpunk came out in the 80s and 90s, when its core issues where just twinkles in the eyes of authors and futurists; now with technology *really* moving quickly, Android belongs in a new generation of cyberpunk, along with media like Black Mirror and Mr. Robot.

Anyway. I bought Mainframe just to support more Android games, even though it's pretty apparent Android is just a theme pasted on a fancy version of dots-and-boxes. New Angeles looks much, much more theme driven, with the gameplay coming from the four Android megacorps and how they look at the world.

The core mechanic looks really interesting too - you don't necessarily want to play events from your hand that just benefit yourself; you want to play events that other players want, so you can snag those sweet assets for yourself. Then a traitor mechanic on top of that! Very cool. Already pre-ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So after watching FFG return to the CCG genre with "Star Wars Destiny", I'm more than little hesitant to open my wallet and take the plunge just because a new title appears in a property that I really enjoy. The preview itself is very light on specifics and I haven't seen any videos yet of demo sessions from Gencon.

All that is part of the Netrunner-verse is not necessarily gold. Mainframe seemed interesting but got mixed reviews. We shall see...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I really liked Infiltration, but both it and Mainframe are games that could just as easily have had any other thematic skin pasted on them.

If we're going to have games set in the Android 'verse, I'd prefer to see more games like Android itself that really leverage the setting. The initial news post on New Angeles didn't grab me at all in the same way as Android and Netrunner.

I look forward to hearing some GenCon demo reports.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked Infiltration, but nobody else around me did :/

With all these new Android products it can't be far from them announcing an RPG, can it? It could be like Cyberpunk 2020 with less neon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take this with a hefty grain of salt, but a good friend of mine demoed it at GenCon and didn't get a warm n' fuzzy from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw many warm fuzzies on Twitter, but we're still making Big Salt richer here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CarlZog wrote:
I really liked Infiltration, but both it and Mainframe are games that could just as easily have had any other thematic skin pasted on them.

Yeah, in fact neither was originally designed as an Android game. That said, if I feel like I'm hiring Jackson Howard or fighting with HB over a lucrative android contract, I don't care whether the game could have been about something else.

By that standard I think Infiltration did a good job (and am skeptical about Mainframe, though I do still want to try it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.