Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I do not get the function of the "Sourcer".
Basically I´m adding another source to a machine (could be mine, could be from the opopnent).

"This does not consume a basic source in your supply"....what does this practically mean?

Please could you give ma an example?!

Thanks in advance

Regards
Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Each player has their own stock of basic sources that they've obtained by activating components such as the Miscellanerie.

Those basic sources can be Manufactured into devices, or used to Upgrade or Expand a device.

The Sourcer is different: you don't need to have a basic source in your stock in order to use it. It takes a basic source of your choice from the general supply and adds it to a machine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
For a specific example: suppose Rowena has built a size-2 device consisting of a Clockwork Source and a Librarifier. This is a nice device but it's getting less useful now that the Age II belt is open. She goes and plays in Alice's Sourcer. Alice gets a clock counter and £1. But the result of that action is that Rowena gets to add a Steam Source from the general supply (not her own personal supply) straight into her Librarifier. Now the device has two ways in: a Clockwork Source for taking tiles from the blue Age I belt, and a Steam Source for taking tiles from the white Age II belt.

Edit: As Argenfarkle said. Originally my example used the Upgrader which is a great example of a component that benefits from the Sourcer, but its effect is somewhat similar and I didn't want to confuse things by implying that the Upgrader and Sourcer are related. They're just different ways to accomplish somewhat similar things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Williams
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alextfish wrote:
straight into her Upgrader Librarifier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok...got it: Many thanks for your feedback thumbsup
Now it`s clear to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.