Subject: PBF 49.5, anyone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sinenomine sinnomine

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone up for a CE PBF?

DISCLAIMER: I have never moderated a PBF game before, nor have I actually played Cosmic Encounter (except by myself). My accreditations (?) are having read literally every page of every play by forum game of Cosmic Encounter so far here on the geek, not to mention having watched 8-10 live plays on YouTube. Join at your own risk...

If you haven't been frightened away yet, let's play! I'd like to start as simple as possible, so this will be vanilla Cosmic Encounter, no expansions, five planets, neither reward deck, space stations, tech, nor hazards, with FOUR players, if there are enough willing, brave souls.

I am US Eastern time (UTC - 4), so times zones close by would probably be best.

I predict that the main issues might be waiting too long or too little. Definitely don't hesitate to advise me on how to adjust how I am doing things to make the game run more smoothly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Burns
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll join. I've modded a few games myself, would be happy to give guidance as needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be up for a game. I'm Eastern time myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sinenomine sinnomine

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! Thanks for joining. That makes two, two slots left! Either of you have a color preference?

rjburns3 wrote:
I'll join. I've modded a few games myself, would be happy to give guidance as needed.

Sweet. I'm sure I'll need it.

Should I send alien choices now or wait til we have four players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sinenomine sinnomine

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob, how did you make the little snapshot of the game state? I imagine you designed it the first time in the reply box, and then maybe saved as a text document?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Burns
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to use the [ c ] tag - which allows you to line everything up. I actually had adapted it from Homer, who's moderated most games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Burns
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also recommend waiting until you have 4 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Light
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sinenomine sinnomine

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome! Do you have a color preference out of Blue Red Purple Green Yellow? (Does anyone else have color preference?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take Blue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Light
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yellow, please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sinenomine sinnomine

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One slot left. Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stupidforgames wrote:
One slot left. Anyone?

Mine please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sinenomine sinnomine

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings! Do you have color preference?

Now that we have four players, I'll geekmail out the flare choices. (Two choose one).

Are there are any rule-like things that need to be clarified for this game?

For example, I'll assume, unless someone wants other wise, that deals are made as follows: two offers/counter-offers per party. Then the the first party has a final chance to accept or the deal fails. Sound right?

Also, for the sake of the newbie moderator, (if this isn't already standard for all games, as it seems to be):
Please bold instructions and in said instructions, please refer to your fellow players and yourself by the names of your aliens.

Here we go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stupidforgames wrote:

Now that we have four players, I'll geekmail out the flare choices. (Two choose one).

Are there are any rule-like things that need to be clarified for this game?

For example, I'll assume, unless someone wants other wise, that deals are made as follows: two offers/counter-offers per party. Then the the first party has a final chance to accept or the deal fails. Sound right?

Also, for the sake of the newbie moderator, (if this isn't already standard for all games, as it seems to be):
Please bold instructions and in said instructions, please refer to your fellow players and yourself by the names of your aliens.

Here we go!

I think if you go by the rules that Homer uses, you will be in good shape. The two offers/counter-offers is good. I would probably use the The Cosmodex 2.0: An Encyclopedia for Cosmic Encounter for final word on clarifications/rulings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stupidforgames wrote:

Purple, if it hasn't been taken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sinenomine sinnomine

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey gang,

Sorry about the wait. We are still waiting for one player to send me their alien choice. Shall we keep waiting, or open up the seat to see if anyone else wants to play? Maybe wait until tonight?

EDIT: I always forget that other people seem to have less free time on the weekends, which is almost always exactly the opposite of my situation. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sinenomine sinnomine

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

So, it seems that Rob hasn't been on for the last four days. In the interest of preventing the thread from fading into oblivion, I am opening up his seat to anyone interested in becoming the fourth player in PBF 49.5. Of course, if he responds back with his alien choice before anything else happens, we'll get started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Burns
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

Sorry about that - I was visiting relatives whose cell service is terrible to nonexistent (remote location). I can participate.

I feel bad. Hope you'll still have me - I'm pretty good about staying on top of things here at home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sinenomine sinnomine

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries! I am rushing off to an errand, so I'll get hands sent out in about two hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sinenomine sinnomine

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paedia - Warrior
DuelistofAges - Calculator
rjburns3 - Mind
jessecuster3 - Oracle

Encounter #1

Warrior: Hand: 8 A:4___ B:4___ C:4___ D:4___ E:4___

Calculator: Hand: 8 A:_4__ B:_4__ C:_4__ D:_4__ E:_4__

Mind: Hand: 8 A:__4_ B:__4_ C:__4_ D:__4_ E:__4_

Oracle: Hand: 8 A:___4 B:___4 C:___4 D:___4 E:___4

Starts the game
Warrior

# of tokens on Warrior's sheet: 0

Ships in warp: ____

Foreign Colonies: ____

Cards in Deck: 48

Currently the regroup phase. Proceeding shortly to destiny.

(Also, if something seems like it should be shown but is not let me know. Also don't hesitate to point out if it seems like I have misplaced ships, cards, etc. or other mistakes.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sinenomine sinnomine

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you all can send me any appropriate CO's, especially concerning flare usage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sinenomine sinnomine

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warrior pulls from the Destiny deck. He will encounter...Mind!

Warrior may launch ships and choose a planet.

Before anyone asks for alliances, I assume Mind will use his power?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mind, you will see that I can't negotiate this one, but can win. However, let me have it and I will be sure to invite you to my next encounter.

Warrior launches 2 ships (1 from A, 1 from B) to Mind A.

Waiting on invites until after Mind sees hand.

edit to add reference to self.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sinenomine sinnomine

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warrior's hand has been sent to Mind.

Mind, please let me know when you have seen it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.