Mega Man: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: So the differences between the Kickstarter and Standard...? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Becker
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I get that the Kickstarter variant got a ton of figures for the enemies, as well as five extra characters (Protoman, Rush, Roll, Dr. Light, and an extra megaman?), as well as a bunch of differently posed Megaman figures.

But I notice there is a deck of cards as well, and it looks pretty thick. What -do- those cards add to the game, out of curiousity? I get that there's probably a character card for each of the five characters... But what are all those other cards? Or is it just another of the same 'character deck' of like, Fortitude, W-Tank, all that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmb
Codo Kamiyatchi wrote:
But I notice there is a deck of cards as well, and it looks pretty thick. What -do- those cards add to the game, out of curiousity? I get that there's probably a character card for each of the five characters... But what are all those other cards? Or is it just another of the same 'character deck' of like, Fortitude, W-Tank, all that?

They are additional cards that you can use to customize the player decks. There are 4 copies of several different cards which are themed after the various bosses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Becker
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Dang it. Of course it is. Sigh... AH well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Are those cards Kickstarter only, or will they ever be available separately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Are those cards Kickstarter only, or will they ever be available separately?

The Mega Man: The Board Game Kickstarter didn't use the phrase "Kickstarter Exclusive" for anything, but they have also made no indication that anything other than the Time Man & Oil Man expansion would be available at retail. I'd like to think that at least the Yellow Devil would be available, since he has a space on the board, but I suppose we'll have to see.

I suppose that I can't imagine that the game itself has performed so well for Jasco that they would continue to produce expansions for it. Despite the fact that I love Mega Man and wanted to like this game, it was kind of a flop...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.