Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The GameCrafter recently added the ability to print custom large punchout boards (about whatever you could fit onto 8.5x11). could be useful for making custom Mine/OtherWorld map tiles, though I have no idea how well they work with the official map tiles (GameCrafter ones are 60pt chipboard). I might try getting a sample sheet done just for the heck of it.

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/publish/product/CustomLargePu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On a lark I threw together a Kingdom Death - Shadows of Brimstone map tile, just because I've always thought the two systems seemed fairly similar and have toyed around with the idea of a KDM OtherWorld for SoB. I'll probably try to get one of these created along with Mine art for the other side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScottL
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow, cool find. That could be really handy if they are affordable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Prices aren't exactly cheap though. I did one double-sided large-sheet punchout and it totaled ~$15 (printing/cutting/shipping). Not sure how it scales up, it probably gets cheaper in bulk, but not sure at what level it'd be cheap enough to not feel like you're paying an arm and a leg. I'll see when the thing comes in if it matches the official stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is one creepy tile you did there

I think it's a neat ability, but as far as doing more tiles, I have so many tiles from the three "worlds" that I can hardly carry them around right now. I like the idea of little terrain pieces though.

Kingdom Death strikes me as a bit too morbid for my taste. Aside from the price of the game, what I hear of the "world" makes me think I'd rather have my world taken over by Cthulu then live there. At least I could go down fighting.

It's neat we can get tiles done, and minis made (Shapeways) and cards done (printer studio) etc. I remember when designing your own game parts meant a lot more work for far cruder results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's just using art from the Kingdom Death showdown board. The place where the players exist in in that area is the Plain of Faces with sculpted faces creating the landscape. It's definitely adult-oriented and alot of the game would not work with Shadows of Brimstone, it's just too deadly. Alot of times characters in that are killed off with random die rolls, though I think alot of the visuals are alien enough and semi-Lovecraftian that I could see it as some sort of nightmare Other World. I'd see it as a Iron Man mode for the game, difficulty and lethality dialed up to 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.