Subject: Board Squares rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Duncan
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How big are the board squares? I think I will take Mike Fitzgerald's suggestion and get a blinged out Flagon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eaduncan wrote:
How big are the board squares? I think I will take Mike Fitzgerald's suggestion and get a blinged out Flagon

Great idea! I also saw someone mention something about replacing the cardboard standees with miniatures, shouldn't be too difficult as the characters are all pretty much archetypal fantasy characters.

If anyone finds good, reasonably priced, replacements I'd love to see a link!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the cup, the treasure cup from Forbidden island may work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
The Fog of War! Available now!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
Squares are about 1.25".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Herman
United States
Sussex
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The squares are exactly 1.5" in length/width according to my ruler. See picture of the promo tile below that lays on top of the map (and therefore is to scale).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Playslow Losefast

California
msg tools
I wish i had verified the size of the tiles while at the con. I spent some $$ on some 1" 2x2 wood floor tilesets that i planned to convert into tables. Just got home and realized my mistake. I also got Barrels from Legendary Reamls Terrain that are the same size as the wood game pieces. They dont have mugs/chairs - YET. However the more i look at it, the more i want those game pieces to stand out and not look 'real'. They're tokens in a 4-8 player game and id rather notice them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Fletcher
msg tools
mbmbmb
playslowlosefast wrote:
...the more i look at it, the more i want those game pieces to stand out and not look 'real'. They're tokens in a 4-8 player game and id rather notice them.

I think I agree with you there. If they were too stylistically integrated into the setting, they’d probably get lost in it. I’ve got my eye on a few ways I’d like to mod the game, but those aren’t on the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.