I've started playing through the campaign mode and there's a couple things I wanted to ask. I posted this in the variants forum but it seems pretty hard to find so I figured I would repost in rules.
1. If you lose a province, is it possible to regain that province later in the game?
2. Losing a province only gives +2 VP cost to the rest of the provinces you have at that moment right? Not future ones? If so, is it a valid strategy to not pay the upkeep of useless provinces early on so you can lose them, resulting in no real punishment?
3. I know you can ditch useless provinces like Untamed Wilds by spending all your food and not being able to afford it, but can you ditch Wild Forests by refusing to pay the VP cost or do you have to pay it if you can afford it? I'm fairly certain the answer is no here.
4. The university achievement says +3 faction cards during setup phase at the beginning of the game. Normally you start with 2 faction cards and 2 common cards before your first lookout. Does this imply that now you get 5 faction cards and 2 common cards? If so, that is incredibly strong.
5. Do quests resolve their effects before you pay your VP upkeep on provinces?
6. If your production increases/decreases mid-turn, do you gain/lose the resource?
7. If you have benefits that increase your event roll by 1, can you go past 10? Does this mean you don't have to deal with an event?
8. For the Usurper event, can you choose which province to lose?
9. If you're playing with WCWBF expansion, are you supposed to have your opponent be Barbarians/Romans? If so, does Enemy Within event cause 4 attacks if you're against Barbarians?
Any answers for these from campaign veterans would be greatly appreciated!
I have been struggling with question 2. If something is too expensive to upkeep or is no longer giving me a bonus, why not just ditch it on purpose? The premise of the campaign is "How long can you last?" but there doesn't seem to be much incentive (beyond thematics I guess) to acquire more and more provinces.It seems like you are better off just maintaining 1 or 2 provinces.
- Last edited Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:29 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:28 am