Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim OConnor
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my WK 2.0 along with 2 custom heros for my two sons. I noticed the custom labels shipped with 2 white blocks. I'm assuming I put the custom hero labels on the white blocks, but I guess that means the opponent will always know where my heros are... am I missing something?

I noticed on another, similar post the issue of artifacts creates a similar dilemma. Because artifacts do not count towards stacking or hexside limits, the moment I see my opponent overstack I know there is an artifact present (unless my opponent understacks intentionally as a cloaking strategy).

This seems to remove some of the 'fog of war' in these situations.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merv D
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I did not put my custom hero (which is for my son, and named after my son...although he's only four ) on the white block. As you mentioned, it screams here I am, kill me. So I chose a faction for the hero to be loyal to. I even went against type. The hero is clearly meant for the Feudals, but I put him on an Amazon block, and will give him a back story as how he came to be with the lovely six-footers.

I'd go with understacking. I think an understacked unit armed with an artifact would make a good flanking force, cutting off any retreat path. Perhaps keep the understacked unit close to a bigger force.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The white block allows you to use it with any faction. I suppose you could buy seven heroes and use colored blocks to preserve the fog of war.
But I prefer to think that my namesake hero is of such renown that word spreads wherever he goes and that's just the price he pays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lexingtonian
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ted Kostek has suggested putting the artifact on the board and the unit carrying the artifact off the board in a designated place. That way there isn't an extra unit on the board, but when there's a battle you can bring in the unit carrying the artifact.

Here's Ted's thread.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/160261
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.