Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since no one has posted about this yet I found an article with more information about the game. Looks really cool too!!

Article link: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-des...

Dice Symbol explanations:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So a couple of things I've noticed. You could build a "choke" style deck against resources and/or cards. This excites me that control decks are a legit thing. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well as an upgrade it has to go on a character. I can envision a limitation of identical upgrades on a single character. Even a limitation of number of upgrades per character. It could be enough to say that you can only have one upgrade of each type (ability and weapon currently).

With whatever character limitation there is and the specific card requiring blue characters (and I don't see low point cost force users) There is definitely a limited scope to the control with this card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex M
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runnestrand wrote:
Speculative question for others with more dice game experience than I:

On the Force Training upgrade, one of its symbols is +2[melee]. It is noticeably different than the 2[melee] symbol on the Luke character card. I assume this means that the +2 support melee can ONLY be added to other melee dice, rather than being used as 2 damage with no other melee dice showing. Force Training has 1[ranged] rather than +1[ranged] so I'd guess that can be used independently of any other dice. Does this seem right?

Yeah that seems about right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The more I am reading about this the more jazzed I am becoming about trying it out! I may or may not get "full" into it, but could see myself dabbling a little bit and picking up boosters here and there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Team covenant has pics of the demo cards from GenCon this morning. Here is the link: https://twitter.com/teamcovenant/status/761187715702460416
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Desforges
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a limit of 3 upgrade per character.

I think control/mill will be a thing in this game. So will fielding as many stormtrooper as possible. I hope there are a lot of viable builds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.