Junta» Forums » Rules

Subject: President resignation? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pepe lepew
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

Seems to me that it makes no sense for the president to ever resign in order to be able to go into exile. In the rules it reads that he must hand over his pocket money to the incoming president.

I can picture a situation where the current president might want to quit and flee after the budget was defeated (and not forced) and he got to keep all the money for himself. Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Lower Hutt, WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Think of me as the Bishop of East Anglia
mbmbmbmbmb
chokin wrote:
Hi,

Seems to me that it makes no sense for the president to ever resign in order to be able to go into exile. In the rules it reads that he must hand over his pocket money to the incoming president.

I can picture a situation where the current president might want to quit and flee after the budget was defeated (and not forced) and he got to keep all the money for himself. Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks!

No you got it. It's el presidente for life.

It's only useful when you have alienated all the other families and you want to keep your cards AND you possibly think you have a deal with the new President to give you some money back (this never happens unless your s/o is the new president). I've seen it done once banking is complete but I've seen that president assassinated the turn they come back from exile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick West
Scotland
Colinton
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity....
badge
....and I'm not certain about the universe." Albert Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
Seen it quite a few times but only with expert Diplomacy playing Presidents who start negotiating their exit early. As mentioned early, it usually involved transfer of valuable cards for cash and a promise.

Often they get shot anyway but the key is to cut a deal on the side - ideally a secret one with the new President.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.