Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Scorpion's Outmanoeuvre ability says:

When you spend a [symbol], you may exert to remove the copied token from the combat round.

Does that apply to a token that has already been placed by an opponent but not used (for example, onto their double-down token), do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Move to expansion forum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally, I think, expansion forums don't get used much and rules tend to get put in the main game forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fruit Eating Bear wrote:

When you spend a [symbol], you may exert to remove the copied token from the combat round.

Does that apply to a token that has already been placed by an opponent but not used (for example, onto their double-down token), do you think?

Yes, it does. Stacking a token onto a a Doubler token does not use it. So, just like other effects that let you flip or remove a token, this will allow you to exert to remove a token that you've copied that was placed on top of a Doubler token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XeyneGaming wrote:
Fruit Eating Bear wrote:

Yes, it does. Stacking a token onto a a Doubler token does not use it. So, just like other effects that let you flip or remove a token, this will allow you to exert to remove a token that you've copied that was placed on top of a Doubler token.

Thanks Dan, I was hoping that's the case. Not that I'm doubting you for a minute, but do you know where it says that in the rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fruit Eating Bear wrote:
Thanks Dan, I was hoping that's the case. Not that I'm doubting you for a minute, but do you know where it says that in the rulebook?

I do not have the rulebook available to me at the time, but I would expect to find it in the reference book under the doubler token section. I'll try to remember to look it up in a few hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
As Dan said, it's in the ref guide under Double Symbols:

As a combat action, a player can stack another combat token on top of a token with a faceup Damage symbol. The token stacked on top of the Doubler is considered to be doubled. Both tokens are spent at the same time when the top token is used.
Example: A 2 Damage token is placed on top of a Doubler token. Both tokens can be spent as a combat action to deal 4 physical damage.

So, the Doubler activates its effect in the moment you spend both tokens at the same time. The token atop of the Doubler is not spent when you place it on the Doubler

Also worth remembering:

A token stacked on top of a double token can be recast, flipped, and
removed from the combat pool. If it is recast or flipped, it returns to
the top of the stack once the effect resolves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic, thank you both very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.