Subject: Carcassonne Solomo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've cross posted this over on Solitaire Games on Your Table, but thought some more people might be interested, sorry for the spam.

I wanted to share a new Carcassonne Solo Variant I've made for the Annual Carcassonne Central Gencant Solo Contest (ACCGSC for short )

Carcassonne: Solomo

I've written a special Solo-mode variant for people to try with the base-game. You can download the full rules from Carcassonne Central, but I'll briefly describe it here:

0) Play with 5 meeple (+1 for scoring)
1) Draw 26 tiles and build a solomo wall
2) You may discard 4 tiles into the corners, marked with a D, or if you can't play a tile.
3) You have to place the first tile into one of the X's and on a subsequent turn a tile may be placed on the other X.
4) All the other rules are the same and you can complete features against the Walls.
5) The game ends early if you need to discard a 5th tile.
6) If you complete a perfect Solomo you get an additional 15 points.

It looks like this:

My best attempt was 155!

I also got 140 and 135!

If you're interested in having a go you can find out all about it and our little annual contest at Carcassonne Central.

And you can Download Carcasonne Solomo from here

Thanks everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably just breathed new life into my old carc set
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Decar wrote:

And you can Download Carcasonne Solomo from here

Thanks everyone!

Well, I'd like to get this, but it won't let me register. Seems I'm not smart enough to answer the obscure trivia questions....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear you couldnt answer the questions. Which ones did you have difficulty answering?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Decar wrote:
Sorry to hear you couldnt answer the questions. Which ones did you have difficulty answering?

They kept changing- and then it would erase the password and I'd have to start over again. I guess if I ever opened the game (got it at Target a few days ago) I might be able to answer the questions... But that seems like more work than it's worth- just my 2 bits....

Of course, if my family and I end up enjoying the game, then I'm quite sure it will be worth it...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've spoken with the site administrators - the questions are quite easy for experienced players. Given the new artwork editions though, they are archaic. Thanks for drawing it to my attention. It will hopefully be updated in a few days time. I'll keep you posted.

Hope you enjoy Carcassonne - good thing the box doesn't come with trivia questions you have to answer before you open it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Decar wrote:
I've spoken with the site administrators - the questions are quite easy for experienced players. Given the new artwork editions though, they are archaic. Thanks for drawing it to my attention. It will hopefully be updated in a few days time. I'll keep you posted.

Hope you enjoy Carcassonne - good thing the box doesn't come with trivia questions you have to answer before you open it

Thanks! Had 2 games tonight and it went well! We have the version that has the river & Abbott expansions in the box. Might try it next week (Thanksgiving) with 5...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Decar wrote:

Got it! I guess I got easy questions I can answer from the text on BGG....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.