$30.00
Johnny O aka Johnny Soul
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Harvester of eyes, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw an internet article by that title yesterday. I didn't have a chance to read it then and I can't find it today. The real issue that concerns me is second hand work. You know, being around people who are working. Is that as dangerous as second hand smoke?

We are a pretty laid back work place but occasionally, not often, all three of us in the back office, Handsome Doug, Molly and I, are all working at the same time. Are we putting each other at risk?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
working is always dangerous to your health... I live for the day I can retire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should have a "work area" declared. Put it outside the office, at least 25' from the main entrance. People can work there without harming the other employees. Nobody should have to choose between their job and their health!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking

"You're young and you got your health, what you want with a job?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
working is always dangerous to your health... I live for the day I can retire.

As did I. Now I'm concerned my wife is toxic to my programmed system of procrastination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
I dream of the day where I have less no job work and more time for board games, reading, rpg games, sleeping in, etc. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pone4games wrote:
I dream of the day where I have less no job work and more time for board games, reading, rpg games, sleeping in, etc. meeple

It was raining the other day, pretty hard, all I could picture was sitting on a screened in porch, reading a book and listening to and smelling the summer rain while sipping a 7&7...ugh...had to turn away from my window and back towards the monitor and finish some spreadsheets for some clown shoes business tax forms. I died inside a little more...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny O aka Johnny Soul
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Harvester of eyes, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:

As did I. Now I'm concerned my wife is toxic to my programmed system of procrastination.

This reminds of a comedian I saw a few years ago. Can't remember his name but the bit starts like this.

"Hi. My name's John and I'm a workaholic."
laughter
"But I'm in recovery. I haven't had a job in six months."
more laughter
"It's tough. You see my wife is an enabler. Everyday she says 'When are you going to get a job?'"

Can't remember any more of it but I thought his opening was pretty funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
Pone4games wrote:

It was raining the other day, pretty hard, all I could picture was sitting on a screened in porch, reading a book and listening to and smelling the summer rain while sipping a 7&7...ugh...had to turn away from my window and back towards the monitor and finish some spreadsheets for some clown shoes business tax forms. I died inside a little more...

I waved, you must not have seen me. I was busy with my rum and coke
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.