Subject: Gamers in the Montclair, Anaheim, or LA area rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Christensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any gamers in California that would be available to meet up in the above mentioned cities to play some MBT?

I'm new to the game and I think I'm understanding it for the most part but meeting up with an experienced MBT player would be pretty great (inexperienced ones are good too, I'm more interested in being able to play the game).

Just let me know if you're interested and we can try and set something up. Also just so I know for my own schedule about how long does a MBT scenario take on average?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
Don't make me throw this thing!
mbmbmbmbmb
ClanNatioy wrote:
Any gamers in California that would be available to meet up in the above mentioned cities to play some MBT?

I'm new to the game and I think I'm understanding it for the most part but meeting up with an experienced MBT player would be pretty great (inexperienced ones are good too, I'm more interested in being able to play the game).

Just let me know if you're interested and we can try and set something up. Also just so I know for my own schedule about how long does a MBT scenario take on average?

Hi Joshua - I'm in the Pasadena area, so Montclair isn't far from me. I'd be happy to play a game with you - perhaps at Gameology in Montclair or Game Empire here in Pasadena. PM me.

As to time, it depends on a lot of things. How large a scenario? How long do you take to decide on your units' courses of action? Last weekend I ran some friends through a very basic MBT scenario after we'd played another game. _Including_ the explanation of the rules, we got through 4-5 turns in the space of an hour. Scenarios can certainly be created or customized to your available time.

Best,
-Nadir
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Yan
United States
La Mirada
California
flag msg tools
Hi Joshua,

You can design-your-own a small scenario that would take a few hours, but to someone new to the game one of the regular scenarios in the Playbook would probably require 5-7 hours.

PM me, I may be able to meet you in the Garden Grove area.

…Fen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.