Popular Tags: [View All]
Calvin Sun
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Players: 2+

Premise:
MERC. City is in need of a new mayor and you are one of the prime candidates to take over! All that’s left in your way is your rival nominee(s)! Recruit the many mercenaries of this cutthroat city, make use of the many equipments in the supply shop, and build a deck worthy of the commander-in-chief!

Play Summary:
Players starts out with 8 cards: 7 credits & 1 Recruit character. At the beginning of each turn a player draws up to 5 cards. He/she may purchase from the supply shop new characters, weapons, equipments, and or credits. The player can also attack by playing a character which stays in play until it is destroyed, weapons which must be played alongside a character, or equipments which are discarded after use. The player may also hold on to any number of cards for use later.

Cards: 90

Card Types:
• Characters
• Weapons
• Equipments
• Credits

4 Character Groups:
• Senior
• Professional
• Spy
• Artificial

Progress:
Currently prototyping and play testing some initial ideas as well as working my way through the artwork.

Here are some work-in-progress cards:

Card Legend:

Player Health Tracker (a health card & a player card):
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay... following along....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I quite like the art style. I'm guessing:
Top-left: pricetag-looking number is cost
Top right: Number in red box with reticle is Attack, number in green-gray armour plate box is ... Defence?

I really like the look of the Band-Aid corner on the Fairly Godmother. What does it mean? Some sort of healing effect, I'm guessing.

"+1 attack for every Spies in play" is really jarring. Maybe you should make them Spy, Senior, Professional, Weapon, Equipment, etc. instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Sun
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Thanks for the feedback, I will need to fill in more details to this thread as I go. But you are correct. The Bandaid is a "+x health" effect. The cash icon on the bottom left corner of The Minigun is a "+x credit/money" effect. I will add a legend to the cards after this post. In terms of the labels, I agree, will make that change tonite!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Sun
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Went through initial play testing this weekend. Will be trying a 4 players testing in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.