Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Home from WBC and relatively rested. Saw several Legion designs being played in open gaming and several more on the check-out table. The new digs at SEVEN SPRINGS are spacious and comfortable - except for complaints about food cost everyone seemed to have fully enjoyed themselves.

Have gotten away from tournament play and instead spent the week renewing old friendships and jawing with other designers and learning new and developing games. Spent a good deal of time demonstrating my designs. This may not be the place to say it but I signed a design, PLAINS INDIAN WARS with GMT and two additional designs with Decision Games.

One of my demonstrations was BERLIN AIRLIFT. Michel Boucher has been busily polishing the game, most notably adding a card element - which is ironic because the game began as a card game and was only later converted to a tabletop board game. Not to worry it remains a board game just with an added card element and a little less wristage. Our demonstration was lovely we had about 15 people wander in and eight stayed for the long haul. The USAF's 14th Squadron took on the RAF's 77th Squadron. I was pleased to have a British father and son team directing the Commonwealth planes while a young lady and an unrelated older man directed the Yanks. Our young lady could NOT have been more enthusiastic and in the end her team claimed victory, due largely to the disastrous weather the Brits were forced to fly in. SIX planes crashed! This was a play-test record. Five of the downed planes belonged to our friends from across the pond but they were good sports and we played the scenario to an enjoyable finish with a three point differential.

We will have more news on specific design changes in the near future as well as further details on Randy's planned Kick-starter campaign for Berlin Airlift as we move into the fall. Also keep an eye on the BA site here on BGG. I will be uploading pics of the demo shortly.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/180537/berlin-airlift

Thanks to all of you who have already shown such strong support for the project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Shanks
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WBC photos have been submitted. Stay tuned.

AND POSTED! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.